• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

4 year old Scooter is now booked for her spay.

thebuz

Warren Scout
And now I'm freaking out..... :cry: I hope it all goes well but still worried as she's 4 years old and bit older than when most buns get spayed... Any advice on things we can do to make this easier for her would be appreciated! Many vibes requested for her Saturday ordeal.

I don't know if there is anything extra to do, but I had 2 of my buns done a couple of years ago and they were 4, they sailed through it. I know what you mean about worrying though, we recently took in Betsy, who is 5 and I an dithering about getting her done because of her age. She seems very healthy and isn't too fat so I hope she will be fine.

Best of luck.

That's good news. Glad to hear from someone who's done their buns at the same age as our little girl. We already had to put her on a diet as the vet felt it was safer for her for the spay and 2 weeks ago he confirmed she'd lost almost all of the weight he was hoping for so now we're biting the bullet. My biggest worry is that he'll find something we don't know about. Probably more worried about that than the actual spay as my boyfriend did not know of the health concerns of not spaying her when he first got her. :(

Back