• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Secret Santa 2010- Official Thread U/D Post 30 - news!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
Hi everyone! This is the official thread for this years Secret Santa. I have started a new one just so all the info is on the first post so there's no confusion.
Please have a read of how this year is going to work, for people who have done it before, and also hopefully some new Santa's too!

What is Secret Santa?
This is Secret Santa's third Christmas, and what we do is match "Santa's" aka our friends on the forum, with a nominated Rabbit Rescue. You then send a secret anonymous gift to this rescue, and then some rescue bunnies get Christmas gifts also.

Why?
Secret Santa is a brilliant way to give rescue bunnies that little extra treat, rescues spend so much money on much needed vaccinations, treatment and neuters , Secret Santa feels that they deserve a Christmas treat just like the rest of us!

How much is it?
There has never been a price limit on Secret Santa, your gifts can be as small or big as you like, and they can cost whatever you like. The most popular gifts include some hay, and a few treats/toys. Gifts can even be homemade, a toilet roll with some plain brown paper with treats inside twisted like a "cracker" , make a fun and festive treat. These sorts of things may not cost much - but they do take time, something rescues do get much of with so many bunnies in need. So anything really means alot.

How will I know the rescue has got my present if its a secret?
You get assigned a code which must go in your present, this way the rescue can let me know they have received gift "035" for example. If you buy your presents online and send direct, please ask them to do this for you.

Ok, so how do I become a Santa?
After the 1 November, please PM me with your name, and state that you would like to be a Santa. Please do not do this before this date :)

I'm a rescue, how do I get involved?
Please get in touch with me now, you have until October 31st to register with me. Please state your name, and address. You must be able to get in contact with me around twice a week to let me know gifts have arrived to avoid panic that something has got lost in the post. This can be done by phone (I will give every rescue my number), Text, Email, or PM. You can nominate a representative who will contact me on your behalf if you are too busy, this is fine. You must be a rabbit rescue or sanctuary to be eligible. Please also state how many bunnies are in your rescue or sanctuary at the moment too, any size rescue can enter but the maximum pressies is no more than the amount in rescue/sanctuary

How will you choose who I get?
There will be a list, and each rescue will get one gift before the list goes around again, so it is fair.

I have no idea what to send, can you help?
These have been very popular before:
* Hay
*Toys
*Treats
*Home made toys
*Tesco Voucher for veggies for the bigger rescues
*Litter trays
*Bin Bags, Newspapers (boring but they are needed!)
*Washing tablets for all the washing of bunny fleeces and vetbed etc
*Vetbed, snuggly beds
* Snugglesafe
*Thermal Water Bottle Covers
*Scourer pads
* exam gloves or standard rubber gloves
* kitchen roll
*wicker chews
*dried edible leaves

If anyone has any other ideas of rescues have something that they would like me to add please just PM me.
Please state the number i give you on either the box or packaging, OR double wrap the present so its inside the packaging so the rescue can open the box and check the number without seeing the gift itself

If rescues would mind emailing me at bunnysecretsanta2010@hotmail.co.uk with photos when they take them, that would be great so I can make one big thread with ALL the photos together :D

Also - rescues remember don't open your pressies before Christmas ;)

AND - Watch this space for hopefully some extra exciting news ;) -U/D PG 30
Received

Last edited:
Ooooh! That's brilliant! I love the number idea! Brilliant for people to know their parcel arrived. I also really like the fact that every rescue will get an equal number of parcels! (And if we have numbers given to us then it's easy to see whether packages are from the Secret Santa or not...I'm sure some people give something to rescues anyway, so it'd clear any confusion of fairness.

I'll definitely be doing this! :D:D

Sounds a very good,fair way to do this. Will start saving up some bits and bobs when i do my weekly shop. Well done :D

Can all the rescues who nominated themselves or the people who nominated rescues on the other thread please PM me with the contact details and addresses, and who will be getting back to me twice a week for the post confirmation until then i cant add rescues to the lists :)

thank you!

Ooooh! That's brilliant! I love the number idea! Brilliant for people to know their parcel arrived. I also really like the fact that every rescue will get an equal number of parcels! (And if we have numbers given to us then it's easy to see whether packages are from the Secret Santa or not...I'm sure some people give something to rescues anyway, so it'd clear any confusion of fairness.

I'll definitely be doing this! :D:D

i think last year alot of people had rescues addresses from previous things so just sent pressies anon so it counted, but obviously then it made numbers odd so that was my thinking too! :)

What a great design :love: Love the snow bunnies. I want some :lol:

It all sounds fantastic. I am sure it will be another great success :)

I was wondering if rescues are able to do a list of things that would be most useful? I am only asking as lots of people send us towels and we now have so many we really don't need any more so it would be good for people to know so they don;t spend their money on them :)

I was wondering if rescues are able to do a list of things that would be most useful? I am only asking as lots of people send us towels and we now have so many we really don't need any more so it would be good for people to know so they don;t spend their money on them :)

I think thats a good idea! :wave:

Agreed I'd rather send something which is going to be useful. :)

fab idea! also, can the rescues/sancturies state which supermarket/shop is closer to them, in case people buy them vouchers? I'd hate for someone to get a voucher for say tesco, but then there's no tesco in their town!

Yep that's fine, if rescues pm me with this info & I'll add it to the first post- I have stuff to add already so can do it all at once x

Any other rescues want to be included? :wave:

Also - any rescues want to add any photos of buns with last years gifts to help get in the mood?:wave:

Back