• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Argh, i dont know what to do :(

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
I'm on the phone to a customer, and she says they have 2 week old babies :shock:

I then asked if their bunnies have had babies...she said "yes, we breed them for fun. We give the babies to local pet shops"

They have 2 does and 2 bucks and the does were both pregnant and gave birth 2 weeks ago.

I'm all 'ugh' now and can't really do/say anything!

RU! :cry:

for fun???????????????????????????????????????????????????
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:
have to admit I wouldn't know what to say either (not whilst remaining sane and civil anyway)

I know someone like that too :( she also says she breeds them because she enjoys drowing them. I'm not sure if thats true, but it wouldn't surprise me. :roll:

She had 'kids' handling the 2 week olds :(

I want to cry, i really do. Never thought i'd ever feel like this over bunnies, but i've learnt to care about them so much.

I feel sickened.

Oh Graham, that's horrid - I wouldn't have known what to say either... If she's a customer there probably isn't much you could have said sensibly :? Poor bunsters.

I'm guessing you won't be speaking to them again? If you ARE or if you're ever in a similar situation you could say something like: Ooh, that's interesting, I've just had a bun from a rescue, are you aware that rabbit rescues exist (a lot of people aren't)? Then say how helpful they were in giving advice and how much you've enjoyed the process of helping a bunny in need etc and that you've learnt so much from this forum that you came across on the internet :roll:;) If possible you could then casually slip in the fact that 35,000 rabbits per annum end up in rescues.....:(

I'm guessing you won't be speaking to them again? If you ARE or if you're ever in a similar situation you could say something like: Ooh, that's interesting, I've just had a bun from a rescue, are you aware that rabbit rescues exist (a lot of people aren't)? Then say how helpful they were in giving advice and how much you've enjoyed the process of helping a bunny in need etc and that you've learnt so much from this forum that you came across on the internet :roll:;) If possible you could then casually slip in the fact that 35,000 rabbits per annum en up in rescues.....:(

They are one of our largest customers, i won't have a choice in speaking to this particular sales rep again i'm sure :(

i dont know if i could say anything. I'd hate her to take it the wrong way and it affect our inter-company relationship. They are a HUGE spender :roll:

They are one of our largest customers, i won't have a choice in speaking to this particular sales rep again i'm sure :(

i dont know if i could say anything. I'd hate her to take it the wrong way and it affect our inter-company relationship. They are a HUGE spender :roll:

Do you know what, nothing you could say would change her mind anyway - breeders don't think the same way about rabbits as some of the rest of us do so she wont have any consience about it and she'll not take anything you say under her notice. I broke contact with the breeder (i know, sorry - before I realised about buns myself) as every time I called him I came away depressed at what he was telling me, completly oblivious that he might be doing anything wrong, about who was pregnant and what colours he has now and now many giant babies and mini lops and alaskans he has. They don't think they are doing anything wrong!! :evil::censored::evil:

Back