• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding three rabbits

Farncombia

New Kit
Do you think it would be possible to bond two bonded (female) rabbits with a third - a male?

My little Netherland Dwarf, who is 6 years old, lost his bondmate earlier in the summer and I have been trying to find him a new partner, preferably via rescue, ever since.

But unbonded females who are (a) not babies and (b) a Netherland or other small breed seem few and far between. I have seen a few bonded female pairs of Netherlands on the rabbitrehome.org site and I wondered if anyone had a positive experience of a three-way bonding?

yes mine are 2girls and a boy. :)
i bonded the girls first and then added the boy. :)
it doesnt always work.........but all pairs dont always work either. :)

I added a male to an established pair of girls too :)

You don't need to worry about getting similar sized buns though, just because your boy is a nethie doesn't mean he couldn't get on with a medium sized or even large bun. The most important thing is to judge the personalities and do bonding properly.

I have three, boy and two girls. I added the second girl a few weeks ago, the other two had been a pair for over six months. They're doing great together.

Good luck! :wave:

If you were nearer i have a gorgeous black foster bun who I would say is relatively small and she is an absolute sweetie if you like a bun to snuggle with.

Back