• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bunny perform any tricks?

beausaffie

Warren Scout
I would love to know if any of you have taught your bunnies any tricks? If so what can they do and how did you teach them?

I have seen some videos on Youtube and its amazing how intelegent rabbits really are!

Share your tips about the tricks as i think i would like to teach mine some!

;) Claire x

Atm bailey just does 'up' ie telescoping but hes in the middle of learning 'mat' i use a clicker with bailey and since i started it has really helped him to be more social with me as well.
clickers are preety much self explanitory first click and treat for no reason then he will learn click equals treat then get him to follow the treat in ur hand ie in a circle even if he just does half click and reward once he does the full trick then start to introduce your work they soon pic it up. :D
a good first trick is to teach them to come to their name or to touch a target with their nose.

My Ebony knows "up" - stand up, "spin" - spin in a circle and "shake" - shake his rattle ball
Im in the middle of teaching him to go in and out of a carrier.
I use teh clicker with him and he has been very good with it.

Rowan does rabbit jumping, i didnt have to use a clicker with him , he just does it :lol:
here is a some vids of rowan jumping
http://www.youtube.com/user/Elmbankrabbits?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/AMx--ZNGDKw

i should really get a vid up of Ebbs doing some clicker training

Last edited:
My bunnies have trained me :? ....not sure that's exactly what you meant though. :lol::lol:

yes, if i tap the tunnel Oscar will run and sit in it, really handy for getting him out of the run :D

Ahhh wow thats really good! My 2 only know ''bed'' at the moment and they come when they are called! Im loving some of those tricks!

I will check out your vids now Vee jay and Winnies Angel! Thank you! Think i need to learn clicker training as it seems thats the best way to train them!

LOL at Teddys Mummy! :lol:

OMG im well impressed with Rowans jumping skills!!!!!! I think my little Saffie would be really good at that as she jumps up on everything!!! Beau is a little more scatty not sure he would do it! :love:

Herbie stands up on his back legs when i say 'ally-oop' all started cos i used to feed him treats like that, so now he thinks he is getting a treat!

Wispa when he lived in my bedroom, I would say Wispa up and he would jump onto my bed..

My conti, will jump back into his hutch when I stand near it.

Orla brings me my dinner every night & Rodge hoovers up after me.......wait.....no.......thats me. God theyve taught me well!!! :lol:

Harley picks up things very quickly, he can do alsorts. He'll spin round in a circle if you click your fingers, he'll follow your finger or a 'pointer stick' through obstacles (Such as weave poles or tunnely), he'll stand up on command, push his football on command, jump on, off and over things on command, and come if you call him :) If he's being a nuisance he'll stop when you shout 'ah ah'. Oh and he chases cats out of the garden too :roll:

He's trained to jump over a course of jumps/hurdles too :)

Harley picks up things very quickly, he can do alsorts. He'll spin round in a circle if you click your fingers, he'll follow your finger or a 'pointer stick' through obstacles (Such as weave poles or tunnely), he'll stand up on command, push his football on command, jump on, off and over things on command, and come if you call him :) If he's being a nuisance he'll stop when you shout 'ah ah'. Oh and he chases cats out of the garden too :roll:

He's trained to jump over a course of jumps/hurdles too :)

WOW now thats inspirational!!!!!! Ive just taught my 2 to jump on my bed and come when called! xxx

Dan & Clo will run upstairs in their hutch when I say 'up'

Blackie knows that when I say 'get out you little :censored:' it means he has to get out of the rubbish bag.

Back