• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what feeder do you use?

ding123

New Kit
Just wondering what your bunnys like eating out of most? plastic, ceramic, metal etc? I find mine always tips my plastic one..:? its is cute though!
Any replys will be appreciated!

small metal bowls for am mix and plastic plates for greens pm...
dont ask why:?:lol: just always been that way:lol:
plus it doesnt matter whether they are plastic or metal, food tastes better off the floor:shock::lol::roll:

I recently bought Poppy a new small plastic dish just for her pellets - she now throws it around her cage with the food in it - little madam! :love:

Might have to crack out the ceramic bowl again :p

I just use a shallow ceramic dish. It's designed for plant pots to go on outdoors but it's perfect for us.

Bit like this...

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1286836771630&isSearch=true

Only ours is terracotta and we got it from a garden centre. It's a perfect size for veggies for a pair and gives them space to have two piles of pellets to reduce chasing at meal times.

Bit more googling. I actually think this is the exact one though not sure on the size.

http://www.ruxley-manor.co.uk/product_detail.cfm?ProductID=1487

Also as they are big, heavy and shallow they are impossible for them to even move let alone upturn.

I use a shallow ceramic dish. Basil still throws it about though.

:lol:

Mine spend more time sitting in them...

_IGP0457-vi.jpg

"Mummy, it's food time honest, even though we were fed five minutes ago and have fresh hay, it's still food time, oh yes it is."

this is what I use - its plastic but they dont manage to tip it up, theres 3 sections, even though i have 4 buns they share ok..

CIMG3109.jpg

Most of mine have ceramic except George and Cinders (2 of my french lops) as George picks up his dish and throws it so he as had to go on to metal dishes as he as broken so many ceramic ones.

I've just bought new for when we have our new addition. They have plastic water and pellet bowls - i think they are dog dishes but it's big enough to get both their heads in and it has a non-slip rubber it on the bottom and a large metal shallow dish for veggies. I put them all on a large tray so save any spills.

Ceramic, Plastic just didnt work, Biccy chewed and threw it everywhere. Since the move to ceramic, he tries his best, but they never move more than an inch :lol:

I have three different ones :lol:

IMG_2312.jpg

I just had to have this one.. Told myself I'd put veggies in them, although I already knew it would be too small.. :oops: use it to give them their dried herbs in. But now I have three rabbits and their heads are too big, they're having a hard time eating together :lol:

IMG_2785.jpg

For the veggies I bought this one, it's actually for dogs.. :roll: and it was the only one that didn't have the word "Dog" or something on it.. :lol:

IMG_2745.jpg

And this one for their pellets. We always used this kind of bowls for their pellets, so I still do.. It's too heavy to move and it won't easily break. (Although I did manage to break one a little while ago.. Of course I did, break the unbreakable.. :lol::oops:)

We tried ceramic bowls and we smashed them.

We tried little metal bowls but Fishcake threw them round everywhere.

Now we use a massive terracotta dish, the type that a large pot plant would stand in, its about 8 inches across and weighs a ton. Now Fishcake doesn't throw the bowl around!

I have the small ceramic ones that say rabbit on them for pellets. Ruby often throws them down the ramp when she is done. For veggies I use a plastic pet bowl I got from ikea. It's quite a deep one for small dogs I think

I use ceramic water bowls and large plastic lidless sandwich boxes for pellets and veg/fruit. This lets 2 snouts in to feed at the same time. For hay, I just twist some into a little sheaves and put them in different places in each run to let the rabbits root out for themselves.

Pellets I half hand fed and the other half gets scattered into their hay.

Any big leafy veg gets put on a kabob and hung up, herbs and other bits and pieces go in the hanging food balls. I only put celery in a bowl because I have to cut it up small and it would fall out of the balls.

I use the ceramic Mason Cash bowls for the chopped up veg (i.e. celery) and for water too.

xxx

Back