• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel so sad and at loss today :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live alone by myself and I adopted a rabbit from a friend who didnt want him anymore. I was happy to take him. He wasn't neutered at the time and hated being picked up and wasn't too friendly. I got him neutered back when I got him and he likes to be picked up now and he's a curious bunny and has a mind of his own and is kinda stubborn - I loved him nonetheless. He was my friend and companion and I was always happy to see him when i came home and treated him well. I always petted him everyday, let him run around each day and 5-6 times a week picked him up and carried him and petted him while he was on his back in my arms.

Well, like I said, I live by myself and my mom visits me 4 times a week and she hated my bunny and kept pressuring me to give it away and get rid of it because she hates pets. I never wanted to and I couldn't imagine doing that. My mom would always say, "who's more important, your parents or your rabbit?" Or, "do you want your mom or your rabbit? you have to choose"

I find it so stupid how my mom is asking me to choose between my bunny and her because it doesn't make any sense. I live and bought my own place, I pay for everything I own and how dare she tell me how to live, that's why I don't live with my parents anymore, so I can do what I want. .... Apparently not?

She posts an ad for someone to adopt him and of course someone responded and now he's gone today.

I just feel so sad and depressed that he's gone.

I can't believe my mom would do something like this. This just happened today and I feel incredibility sad like someone's died. :( I don't know if my rabbit will miss me, but I sure miss him and will miss him..

I really feel for you. :( Would you consider sponsoring a rabbit at a sanctuary? I know it wouldn't be the same, but sponsorship brought me a lot of comfort in the days between wanting a rabbit and being allowed to have one.

Surely if you live in your own place, without your mum she has NO right to advertise your pet?

I am sorry to hear what has happened. My family think I am mad for having all of my pets, but I would never let the pressurise me into getting rid of one of them.

Maybe you should speak to your mum? Has she got any underlying reasons why she particularly hated your rabbit?

Once again, I am sorry you have been parted with your rabbit.

Oh how sad this has made me, you must be heartbroken as I would be, I don't think that was very fair of your Mum at all what an awful thing to do.
Do you know the person at all that your bunny has gone to. :(

That is so heartbreaking - your poor bun must be so confused and sad too.

Personally I would try and get the bun back and tell your family to XXXXXX.

Sorry,... but why did you let him go then?
If My Mum (who didn't live with me) had arranged for my bunny to be re-homed I'd have told the potential 'new owners' there'd been a mistake and that my mother was nothing to do with the bunny!

loverabbits said:
I live and bought my own place, I pay for everything I own and how dare she tell me how to live, that's why I don't live with my parents anymore, so I can do what I want.

and then you let him go?
Doesn't make sense. :?

That is so heartbreaking - your poor bun must be so confused and sad too.

Personally I would try and get the bun back and tell your family to XXXXXX.

I agree.....if your that upset why did you let your bunny go? If you pay your own bills and have your own place?

Your poor rabbit. I would suggest that you get him/her back..

Surely if you live in your own place, without your mum she has NO right to advertise your pet?

Maybe you should speak to your mum? Has she got any underlying reasons why she particularly hated your rabbit?

I agree, you would think that if you buy your own place your parents would leave you alone! Not my parents apparently. Her underlying reasons are that she hates pets.

Tuckerbunnies. I know that it went to a caring family who has a female rabbit and I know they're care for him. Once I heard the children were really happy to have another bunny to join the family and the female rabbit they had was sad because it's companion died, I just couldn't refuse that..it was too late. I know my bunny will be cared for, but I know it won't be by me anymore :(

Thanks for your comments. I would consider sponsoring a sancutary, but im not sure what that is.

this is awful :(

your bunny will be confused and missing you loads. you need to get him back.

what is your mums problem :evil: that is just unbelieveably cruel. :(

If My Mum (who didn't live with me) had arranged for my bunny to be re-homed I'd have told the potential 'new owners' there'd been a mistake and that my mother was nothing to do with the bunny!

and then you let him go?

I agree with Lops - your Mum had no right in putting the bunny up foe adoption because it was yours - why on earth did you let him go?

I'm finding this very hard to understand. I suspect that there is more to this than meets the eye:shock:

and then you let him go?

Its because the family said they had a lonely female rabbit who's companion died and was sad after that and their children were already excited to have my bunny. They have a great place for it and at least my bunny will be loved.

How could I say no to that?

Im not sad that it went to a bad home, I'm only sad that my bunny wont be with me anymore and Im feeling the loss of my buddy. :( I'm also upset that my mom did what she did.

I can't get my head around why you let her (your mum) do this. Given you have your own place etc why did you hand your rabbit over?

Helen xx

I can't get my head around why you let her (your mum) do this. Given you have your own place etc why did you hand your rabbit over?

Helen xx

I didnt want to, but I also felt sorry for the female rabbit the other family had who was lonely after its partner died.

I didn't want to give up my bunny, but at the same time I thought I shouldnt be selfish either. I thought he would enjoy being with a female bunny. He was neutered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back