• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New set up.... lots of poo!

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Hey guys,

Rimmi and Winter have now been given our whole livingroom and kitchen to play in, we finally trust them :p Peeing on the sofa has stopped, thank goodness!

Anyways, because they are free range now, I have given them a 2 tier indoor cage as a 'base' for their litter box and stuff to snuggle in etc. It keeps the place tidier as the hay and poos stay in their home, and not all over the kitchen/livingroom floor as it did with the NIC set up.

Anyways. They have now had the indoor cage for 24 hours.....and they seem to be pooing everywhere in there! Its got a nice soft floor .... are they pooing on the floor to mark territory, or laziness? How should I persuade them to use their litter box? At the moment, I keep scooping all the poops up and putting them in the litter box to encourage them.... am I on the right lines?

Thanks! :wave:

Good luck. :wave: I dread to think of the problems I will have if I have to bring Spenser indoors over the winter. He is very tidy in the hutch - does most of his poos and all his pee in the bedroom. He doesn't sleep there, it's his toilet.

I think when they're in a new space they tend to poo in the corners to make it theirs, so to speak.

i would like to know the answer cause mine poo EVERYWHERE too! :lol:
only since they were bonded but its never calmed down!

I think it's more territorial with the new space...hopefully should calm when they've been in it a while.......*years* :lol:

years yes........mine have been together for about 8 months and they still poo everywhere! :lol:

Oh dang! :p Its only since I got Winter that this has happened.... I can still remember having them in NIC pens opposite each other and seeing their poos all along the bars where their enclosures were close. I guess since then, my life has been covered in their poos!!

I'll keep up with the poop scooping, hopefully they will get the idea in a while..... hopefully not too many years!! :p

yeah mine got worse when i got gizzy!
if you find the secret let me know.
im lucky as they live outside so mine just poo in their house and not mine. :lol:
would be so much easier just to clean their toilets and not to sweep loads of poos everyday. :)

yeah mine got worse when i got gizzy!
if you find the secret let me know.
im lucky as they live outside so mine just poo in their house and not mine. :lol:
would be so much easier just to clean their toilets and not to sweep loads of poos everyday. :)

(Maybe the secret is...... dont have 'em! LOL, just joking, I love my babas!)

Oh dang! :p Its only since I got Winter that this has happened.... I can still remember having them in NIC pens opposite each other and seeing their poos all along the bars where their enclosures were close. I guess since then, my life has been covered in their poos!!

I'll keep up with the poop scooping, hopefully they will get the idea in a while..... hopefully not too many years!! :p

My Nutmeg is like that. She gets in this mindset that somewhere new needs lots and lots of marking and takes months to stop. I've stopped worrying about it now. They're going to be moving again in April so back to square one. :p

Thank goodness for lino and brooms, that's all I can say!

Back