• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi to all lovers and saviours of animals!

Anniebirdy

Alpha Buck
Hello all, my name is Annie, and by very good luck, I have just found this forum :wave:
I have been involved in rescue work for many years, mainly cage birds, parrots, parakeets, also wild birds who have been injured or harmed or are sick.
A few months ago, my local petstore gave me a very poorly little rabbit. the couldnt and wouldnt sell him as he was so ill and had many needs. They entrusted him to my care because they knew I would ensure he got all the medical/veterinary care, and love and support that he needed in order to make his life humane. He was not expected to live long, a few days, maybe a few weeks. That was months ago and my precious Benjamin Macbunnington is now a strong, healthy and happy bunny! He does have some special needs, he has brain damage and he is also deaf, but he dosent mind, he is happy and content! I am addicted, I adore him so much! In the next week or so, i shall be seeking out a companion for him, it will indeed be a rescue, and I am so happy to open my home to another needy bunny, and to be able to give Benjamin the companion that he so deserves.
Well, thats about it, I hope its not too long of an intro, and I look forward to chatting, reading, and learning, learning, learning!
In warmth,
Annie x

Welcome! Benjamin Macbunnington is an EXCELLENT name.

Glad he found such an understanding and lovely mummy.

Can we please see some pictures so we can coo over him?

Thank you!

:rabbit2:

Hi again and thankyou so much for the warm welcome and the warmth towards my precious Benjamin :love:
At the moment, I am on a new computer as both my laptops where all his pics are stored are broken, but I will give you his youtube link, and you can take a look at him there. I made his youtube video within a couple of days of getting him, and didnt then know the full extent of his harm, all I knew was that he wasnt expected to live long :(
Meet Benjamin here :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyuAzTsyaO4

I think you will love him!
xx

Thankyou Rabbitapril and Joey :) It has been a privilege and an honor helping this wonderful bun, but I couldnt have done it without my wonderful and trusted vets of many years. They never give up, not unless it becomes inhumane to continue. Long live Benjamin :love:

Hi Annie, welcome to the forum :wave: I think you will fit in very well here, we're all completely bunny mad :shock::lol:
Benjamin Macbunnington is absolutely gorgeous. His video brought a little tear to my eye because its so obvious how much you love him and Im so happy for the little man :love:
I bet he cant wait for a lady bun to snuggle upto, but for now he looks SO happily bonded to you !
I look forwards to reading more stories about him :D

Thankyou Gemma and Alphagirl! On saturday I am visiting the RSPCA to have a look at the bunnies there to see if there is a suitable companion for him, I shall of course keep everyone posted!

Back