• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a range of emotions over the last 24 hours!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
At least you can say there is never a dull moment here :)

Yesterday there was excitement over our new arrival, who is an absolute sweetheart :love: But at the same time so much upset and worry over Maggie suddenly deteriorating :(

Today there was the devastation of saying goodbye to Maggie, yet relief that she is no longer suffering. And now this afternoon despite my sadness I am just so happy as something I never thought would happen has :) Its all very exhausting!

I started bonding Busty Barbara to Geoff. Geoff has been on his own for over a year as ever female I have tried him with in that time has attacked him :( Babs isn't neutered yet due to health problems but I thought in for a penny.........

Anyway they have been together 5 hours and without jinksing it ( I hope) it seems to be going pretty well :) Babs has washed Geoff, although she is also nipping at him a bit, but overall I am really pleased.

I am so so happy for Geoff if this works out as we honestly thought he was destined to live the rest of his life alone :) Its also lovely that another Lymington bun is well on her way to a happy life with a new companion :) Fingers crossed it continues to go smoothly.

Now we just have to work out what to do for poor Brendan :( who is left alone without his Maggie to snuggle up to. I really do worry about how he is going to cope :?

Gosh I just don't know how you cope with being up and down all the time :shock:

I am sorry to hear your bad news, but a million good luck vibes from Shelly, Bobby and Carlo :love:

Life can be such a rollercoaster sometimes. Its good you have positive in with the heartbreak though.

Never a dull moment Liz! I hope Busty Babs likes her new man, I must say, I have never seen such a dewlap before :p Looks so snuggly!!

Emotional roller-coaster indeed, but this is GREAT news for Geoff. :love: I think Marion was a bridge bunny before I found out about Rainbow Rabbits, so he must have been on his own for over a year? Poor Brendan, I hope he will somehow manage to cope. :(

Emotional roller-coaster indeed, but this is GREAT news for Geoff. :love: I think Marion was a bridge bunny before I found out about Rainbow Rabbits, so he must have been on his own for over a year? Poor Brendan, I hope he will somehow manage to cope. :(

Yes we lost Marion in August 2009 so he has been on his own a long while :( I don't know why so many rabbits took a dislike to him, he is a lovely old boy :love:

I feel bad for Brendan as he loves his bunny company :cry: but we are loosing all our females so have no one to bond him with :(

Liz, sorry to hear about Maggie, I know what you mean about a rollercoaster.
We were convinced we would lose Jimmy this weekend and still waiting to see how he goes. We have Polly (rat) in to be checked for a lump, that will most likely mean an op, Urchin ( cat) is in for a full check up and if fit a castrate, Katie is in for a weight check to see if she can be spayed and Winston our foster dog comes on Friday for possibly 3 months while his owner has an op and recovers.
There is one thing about it, it keeps you on you toes althoug I'm not sure if its keeping me young!

Last edited:
Liz, sorry to hear about Maggie, I know what you mean about a rollercoaster.
We were convinced we would lose Jimmy this weekend and still waiting to see how he goes. We have Polly (rat) in to be checked for a lump, that will most likely mean an op, Urchin ( cat) is in for a full check up and if fit a castrate, Katie is in for a weight check to see if she can be spayed and Winston our foster dog comes on Friday for possibly 3 months while his owner has an op and recovers.
There is one thing about it, it keeps you on you toes althoug I'm not sure if its keeping me young!

I definitely agree with this, it certainly isn't keeping me young :lol:

I just had to laugh out loud as Babs did her first ever happy flop :love: She rolled right over with legs in the air most undignified and got up quickly wondering what on earth had just happened :lol:

But I am now watching them so I can put off going upstairs to to see Brendan as he looks so sad and it breaks my heart :cry:

Another rollercoaster is Sinbad :? I never know what I am going to find each time I see him. He was in such a bad way friday/saturday but yesterday and today were much better days with only episodes lasting around an hour or so :)

Oh WOW I don't know how you cope! Thank goodness you have a little ray of shinning on the horizon I am really please for you and your buns it's great when you see a relationship sparking :)

I'm glad Geoff may have a new lady love :love: Especially with such a bosom....will be an excelent pillow!
Poor Brendan...losing both of his wifelets so close to each other :cry: Give my sponsor man an extra special snuggle for me. Is there any chance he might go with an existing pair?
It is odd how you seem to have more boys than girls.

I can quite understand your emotional turmoil Liz and hope that the bonding will help to put a smile on your face.

Funnily enough I have started to bond another of the Lymington girls tonight - Lara is meeting Marble. Maybe today is an auspicious day for bonding.

So we can both hope for the best outcomes.

Sorry to hear your sad news about Maggie.

Binky free Maggie.

Back