PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Rehoming Question

puppyjess12345
11-10-2010, 03:36 PM
I was just wondering if this is a daft question or not:

Do rescues re home single rabbits just into a pair or do you think they would bond to an existing pair (as in make it into a trio)? I was looking on Raystedes site and it says "We only re-home single rabbits as a companion to an existing rabbit."

Anyone help me out here, what about your rescue? :wave:

rngpwelfare
11-10-2010, 03:42 PM
As long as the bonding would work I'm happy for single rabbits to join a bigger group. Be that trio or more.:D

Sky-O
11-10-2010, 04:08 PM
I would suggest talking to the rescue involved because all our different. The RSPCA I used to be involved in would adopt out a single to make a trio in the right circumstances.

The Duchess
11-10-2010, 04:13 PM
I rehome to be a trio, but I know some rescues that don't like to do it as it's harder for them to be bonded. Also it is a bigger risk of relationship breakdown if not managed properly.

Best to ask the rescue you are interested in adopting from.

Furry_Friends
11-10-2010, 04:18 PM
I rehome to be a trio, but I know some rescues that don't like to do it as it's harder for them to be bonded. Also it is a bigger risk of relationship breakdown if not managed properly.

Best to ask the rescue you are interested in adopting from.

I agree and I would rehome for buns to be a trio, but it can be tricky. Each circumstance and rabbit is different so there is a lot to take into consideration.

kayj
11-10-2010, 05:02 PM
As long as the bonding would work I'm happy for single rabbits to join a bigger group. Be that trio or more.:D

I agree, more the merrier I say:lol::lol: