• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue Rehoming Question

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
I was just wondering if this is a daft question or not:

Do rescues re home single rabbits just into a pair or do you think they would bond to an existing pair (as in make it into a trio)? I was looking on Raystedes site and it says "We only re-home single rabbits as a companion to an existing rabbit."

Anyone help me out here, what about your rescue? :wave:

I would suggest talking to the rescue involved because all our different. The RSPCA I used to be involved in would adopt out a single to make a trio in the right circumstances.

I rehome to be a trio, but I know some rescues that don't like to do it as it's harder for them to be bonded. Also it is a bigger risk of relationship breakdown if not managed properly.

Best to ask the rescue you are interested in adopting from.

I rehome to be a trio, but I know some rescues that don't like to do it as it's harder for them to be bonded. Also it is a bigger risk of relationship breakdown if not managed properly.

Best to ask the rescue you are interested in adopting from.

I agree and I would rehome for buns to be a trio, but it can be tricky. Each circumstance and rabbit is different so there is a lot to take into consideration.

Back