• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Rabbits Eat Mint?

Janey

Warren Veteran
I am assuming they can as it's a herb but just wanted to double check!! Asda didn't have any coriander so I got mint instead.

yup :)

Might take them a while to get used to it as its quite a strong smell, but they sure cna.

My Sukie loves mint, nibbles (gobbles) it straight from the garden. I just let him have a couple of leaves at first so's not to upset his tummy. He also has banana-mint - never heard of it before but he loves this, too.

None of mine seem to bother with the mint in that garden, I have my herb pot next to the mind and can always smell when they have been near the mint. But the don't eat it.

I tried duke with some mint the other day (just one leaf) he sniffed for a while then moved away, then I offered it again and he ate it. Yesterday I picked another small leaf (he has a v. sensitive tummy) and no sniffing to be done this time, just straight away gobbled it up!

Great thank you, I will try them with a little bit tonight when I get home from work. They love parsley and coriander so hopefully they should like mint. I'm trying to add a bit more variety to the veggies they get so this will be another option.

Great thank you, I will try them with a little bit tonight when I get home from work. They love parsley and coriander so hopefully they should like mint. I'm trying to add a bit more variety to the veggies they get so this will be another option.

They might take a little while to get used to the stronger flavour. Basil hated it at first now he loves it:)

Poppy loves mint - no matter how much I put in her bowl she tries to stuff it all in her mouth at once :lol:

Well I tried it, Peter scoffed it (nothing new there), and Poppy turned her nose up at it (which she normally does with new things). So exactly what I expected really, I'm hoping she will like it if I keep giving her a bit for the next few days.

Very unusually for my two faline doesn't like mint but Molly does. It's usually the other way around!

Back