• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long for the bond to break?

angieb

Mama Doe
as you may of read in a diffent post my little miffy has been admitted to the vets. :cry:
she is one of a trio and has been admitted on her own.
what should i do when she's hopefully allowed home with regards to the bond? :?
oh im so worried about it all :cry:

Blackberry was admitted as a dental emergency, so I had no time to collect Buttercup. They were separated from Saturday morning through til Sunday evening (or was it Monday morning? - I know it was quote a while!)

When we picked Blackie up I too a piece of fleece that had both his and Butters smells on it, and rubbed him with it, then we bought Buttercup inside to reunite with him. Butter was a bit shy at first, but they were soon grooming each other.

Hope Miffy recovers soon x

I would suggest taking the other two to collect her so that they can have the car journey home together and that should be ok/sufficient, unless your journey to the vets is like three mins, in which case drive for a bit longer, maybe.

is it at all possible to take your other one to be with miffy? when daisy was still with us we took her in for some toothwork and when we collected her the vets said to us we could have taken duke in with her to keep them together. i realise miffy's situation is different though and its not exactly as straight forward :/

like the idea above of the car, that might be good :D

Alfie was in the vet on his own for 4 days after he dislocated his hock. I collected him on his own, as I thought it would be better to reunite them where I could supervise.

I placed them in the dog crate together and it was as though they'd never been apart. If anything, as Blackberry said, the smell of the vet on the returning bun can be a little disturbing for the ones who've been at home.

thankyou for the replys........
yes i think i will take the other 2 when i pick her up.
i couldnt leave the other 2 there as she will be on a drip. i did take all 3 for the consultation.
she will be in for approx 2 days the vet said.
i am so worried i am dying to ring up already and they only admitted her this morning. :? :(

i wont be able to pick her up with the other 2 as i will keep her in for a night or 2 but i havent got a big enough "safe space" for 3 of them.
i will just have to hope that they'll all be nice to each other..... :?

I have never had any problems when one as been seperated from a group, I have found they all just get back on together.
Hope Miffy is ok

Matilda&twinks had a group of 3; 2 does and a buck! Matilda had stasis and was separated while at the vets and was kept indoors overnight for some nursing! Next morning she was put back with the other 2 and there was a huge fight with Twinkle! despite many attempts over the following months it was never possible to rebond them so now she has two pairs! So it can happen! I agree with the car journey on picking up and as gross as it may seem you could rub your hands in the litter tray and then over Miffy! Hope Miffy is feeling better soon!

hopefully miffy will be home tomorrow. :)
i will have to keep her in for a few days and make sure she poo's so she wont be able to join the other 2 for a good few days as i wont know if she does poo.
i will be able to put her in the porch way. i would be able to try the others with her for a while each day. or is this not a good idea?? should i just leave it till she is ready to go back out?
i just want them to be friends at the end of this. :?

Replied to your other thread before reading this one.

As you say, you do need to monitor poops. Personally I would put them together while you can supervise and watch what Miffy is doing. If you can't monitor then separate them. Their bond should be OK, I have done this before today without any problems. When they are with the others I also find it encourages them to eat and move around which is good too.

yeah when she was ill on monday morning they were laid with her and when they moved she was trying to follow. bless her. :love:
i will bring them in to see her when i can.
thankyou

i settled miffy down in the porchway and after she had a munch and a drink i brought bunny and gizzy in to see her.
they hopped arund and sniffed everywhere. miffy wasnt bothered by them as shes still really frail. anyway at first i wasnt sure if they were just ignoring her but then bunny went up to her and gave her ear a lick. :love: gizzy just had a sniff and hopped away. at least there was no sign of chasing or anything.
i am taking this as good but it was only for 10mins as miffy is really tired and weary. but i will try and do it little and often.
only trouble is gizzy and bunny dont like being moved. but they loved hopping around the porch way!

Back