• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So... I Went to Get Sophie Spayed Today...

Isis

Mama Doe
Turns out she is a he...

Couldn't get him neutered today, as only one of his plums had dropped. Gonna wait a month to book him in again.

Need to change his name, as Sophie doesn't suit him now... lol

Aww bless!! Made me giggle though. A name change is probably on the cards. What about something thats not far off Sophie - like Sooty?? :lol::lol:

I just have to rethink my plan of having a trio, as I have 2 males and one female. Think I might have to have 2 pairs.

Turns out she is a he...

Need to change his name, as Sophie doesn't suit him now... lol

Oh dear, Isis, I'm in same boat with my Sukie, who I took in for a spay a couple of weeks ago and ended up with a neuter - PLUS "A Buck Named Su..kie":lol: Can't get used to it and I STILL call him 'her'.

Messed my proposed bonding up, too!

The pet shop (before I knew about RU and rescuing) got the sex wrong!

My 'sophie' was a rescue and pretty sure had maybe been sexed at the vets. Not just pet shops that get it wrong. But I just have to rethink the trio and maybe get Wispa a friend. Just have to pursuede my parents it's a good idea first.

But the silly thing is, I had this funny feeling the vet was going to say this. But silly me, didn't think to check before hand. So not really a massive shock lol.

Our sponsor buns Muffin, Waffle and Crumpet were a male,male, female trio before I bonded them in with my 5 to give them more space ;)

I can still try a trio, it's just I'm not sure Wispa will bond easily. But it just might be their hormones he can sence, might just wait, see what he is like after their neuter and spay.

I bought my Misty a girl i decided to check him one day when he was 6 months and realised he had a pair of you know whaties :oops: I still call him Misty though and everyone that doesnt know his story always presume hes a she when i post pictures because of his girly name :oops:

Back