• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sneezing

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
:wave:

I am still only relatively new to bunnies. We got Charlee in January, and Noah came in July. Noah has been neutered and is up to date on his vaccinations.

In the past day or so I have noticed him sneezing. I am not sure if it is something to worry about but thought I would check here. He never normally sneezes, and it seems to occur in fits -- so he will sneeze up to 10 times in a row and then nothing for ages.

Can I please have some advice as to whether this is something to be worried about?

Hiya :wave:

Is it possible that Noah has had something up his nose like a bit of fluff/hay? Poppy does this sometimes when she's been laying with her face in her hay tray :lol:

Is there any discharge from his nosey?

could be dusty hay maybe, but i would get him checked over at the vets (rabbit vets) just to make sure it isn't the start of any respiratory problems. they take hold pretty quickly so best get him checked over sooner rather than later. :wave:

No discharge from his nose, normal appetite and otherwise healthy. We did wonder if he had got something up his nose -- especially as we are in the middle of a really bad hayfever season, but as it has happened quite a few times lately (at least 4 or 5) I thought I would ask. Will try and get a vet appointment.

I've noticed the same with my boi bunny - he's randomly started sneezing/snorting this week. I've been keeping an eye on him and he's no discharge at the nose or eyes either.

I've been sneezing a lot too so I think it may just be a dusty season in our house and have been doing lots more dusting and cleaning to make sure its clean and tiny nose friendly.

Back