• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you try to re-bond after fight?

Try to bond?

• No!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes!

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No idea.

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Carrie14

Mama Doe
They have lived together all their lives unneutered. They recently accidentally meet and had a huge fight and both drew blood. They are now neutered, and have been living next to each other for four months.

Initially seperated, due to fur pulling to excess. Finner mesh added to barrier due to attack attempts.

Tiesto was watching Tulip this morning, and started grooming/licking the bars, which I believe, is a good sign?

Both does.

I have no idea what I am going to do if it cant work:cry:

ETA, unneutral territory caused by my daughter, who was very upset:cry:

Last edited:
Sounds just like Jasper and Blossom. :( They had a big fight but were snuggled up for the first time in ages yesterday! :love: Then they fought again! :roll: So yes they can get on after a fight, I guess it can just take a while. ;)

I think it depends on the situation.

It sounds like your fought either due to a, hormones, or b, unneutral territory (I didn't entirely understand happened, sorry).

In those situations I think there probably is hope and might be worth a try because proper bonding would eliminate both of those issues.

A response through the bars gives no clues to how they will respond if reintroduced on totally neutral territory.

There is only one way of finding out and that is to reintroduce in a confinded space on totally neutral territory. You need to make sure that you follow the rules of bonding and ensure that you do adequate preparation to ensure that totally neutral territory is used and that you are able to adequately supervise them for at least the first 48 hours.

I would certainly attempt to bond but only if using the accepted norm protocols of neutral small area and watching like a hawk for as long as it takes.

I have to stress that behaviour seen either side of a mesh panel/barrier in my experience bares no resemblance to what will happen when the rabbits are put in together. You will only know if it's going to work when you actually start to bond.

A response through the bars gives no clues to how they will respond if reintroduced on totally neutral territory.

There is only one way of finding out and that is to reintroduce in a confinded space on totally neutral territory. You need to make sure that you follow the rules of bonding and ensure that you do adequate preparation to ensure that totally neutral territory is used and that you are able to adequately supervise them for at least the first 48 hours.

beat me to it Janice.:D

I am going to swat up on bonding techniques, due to this being my first ever attempt.

I have a cage that is very small, about 120cms. It and the room is totally neutral.

So Tiesto may not have wanted to groom Tulip then:?

I'm not sure.. I think I'd always give it a shot, especially if you can't have any other rabbits to bond them with. I don't think a rabbit should be kept alone.

Back