• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch covers

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
I have these hutches..

IMG_1677.jpg

I am looking for a hutch cover for them but I'm not having any luck. I currently use a clear plastic tarp that lets the light through and not the rain but they are annoying to use and blow away if its windy. Does anyone have any clever hutch cover solutions?

I have these hutches..

IMG_1677.jpg

I am looking for a hutch cover for them but I'm not having any luck. I currently use a clear plastic tarp that lets the light through and not the rain but they are annoying to use and blow away if its windy. Does anyone have any clever hutch cover solutions?

have you tried tying a long piece of wood to bottom of the tarpaulin covers, it helps to weigh them down better

Becky, Caroline (Cazzap) has the same hutches and had some covers made by a guy on ebay - they are excellent. Maybe Pm her and ask for his details.

I made my own. I used a ground sheet for the back and clear plastic for the front and sticky velcro to hold them together. It works really well and I just take the front off during the day :)

If you have a sewing machine you can make your own really easy.

A good tarp will probably cost around £10 tops ,and a bit of velcro for the flap.
I made six last year for the double 6ft hutches and it only cost around £35 for the lot.

If you have a sewing machine you can make your own really easy.

A good tarp will probably cost around £10 tops ,and a bit of velcro for the flap.
I made six last year for the double 6ft hutches and it only cost around £35 for the lot.

Impressive. Got me thinking now..........

I'm making my own at the moment with a built in fly net aswell. The plastic is quite easy to sew and i've added elastic on all the cornes so it stays put even in the wind.:D

Back