• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it time for a new hutch...

abi2047

Mama Doe
The amount of times I have had to fix the hutch for Riley in the past months is crazy! The ladder is now broke which means he will have to be isolated to the top level for the night. He won't be going into the hutch till about 10pm but I feel bad as he is used to have all morning, day and evening free-ranging and at night having a two-tier hutch. Am I being bad? :(

Should I just start saving up my pocket money for a new hutch? :?

Last edited:
I don't know the measurements but it has two seperate rooms. It is quite spacey and he will be in it from about 10/11pm till 6/7am :?

You have a very lucky bun giving him so much free range time :D
I think the minimum size for a hutch lenghty ways is as a guidelin 5ft, I think but I might be wrong:)

Are you sure he has to be isolated to the top floor?
Bunnies can jump quite high up, so maybe he'll manage?

Instead of repairing the ladder, could you take it out completely and put a box or something under the hole for him to jump onto and then into the top section?
I think I few people on here have something like that in their two storey hutches.

I have already tryed putting stuff underneath it but he refuses to go up even if I tempt him with treats :? Will it do any harm for just one night till the hardware store opens again tomorrow?

Back