• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

HELP!! Orla is sneezing and has discharge!

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
What do I do? Our vets are closed for emergencies only but I could take her in tomorrow, is it ok to wait until then????

Orla was sneezing this morning and now there is discharge round her nose, oh im so worried!

Ok ive called the vet, they are calling me back.

Its all happened so suddenly, this morning she was sneezing then & noticed mucus around her nose just now, apart from that shes running around daft! Oh im so scared!:shock:

Merlin has this. You do need to get bunny to vet asap so it doesn't turn in to a lower respiratory infection. Let us know how you get on :wave:

:wave:

So bit of a mystery, after I spoke to the vet, theres been no more mucus or sneezing??? Shes eating, drinking & hopping about like mad (the usual!)....so im thinking she may of had a bit of hay up her nose or something??

Very odd!

It's good things have settled down. You may well be right. I would suggest getting a vet check just to be on the safe side to see if the vet can hear anything problematical on her lungs.

hi, would still go to the vets....from past experience i would rather look like a paranoid bunny mum and have a bill for £25 and a healthy bun.than leave it and have an ill bun with a large bill and wish id done something earlier;)
hope orla is feeling better ;)

Its just odd that she was like that all day & then its suddenly gone???:?

I'll see how she is tonight & if shes still fine I wont take her to the vets.....she gets so stressed out when travelling.

The mucus was only coming out one nostril so im convinced it was something up her nose. Theres been no sneezing, mucus, rasping noises for the past 12 hours...good sign?

How's Orla been today?

Not an expert in this by any means, but I have a bun with a nose injury who often has a discharge because one nostril is too large and dust and bits can get up it.

My vet told me if the fluid is clear, it is probably OK and just a reaction to something up his nose. If the fluid is coloured then it is an infection and needs seen to.

Don't know if this is any help to you.

How's Orla been today?

Not an expert in this by any means, but I have a bun with a nose injury who often has a discharge because one nostril is too large and dust and bits can get up it.

My vet told me if the fluid is clear, it is probably OK and just a reaction to something up his nose. If the fluid is coloured then it is an infection and needs seen to.

Don't know if this is any help to you.

:wave: Shes on antibiotics right now which seems to be working! :D Have you heard how her siblings are doing? Id love to find out how they all are! :love:

I have Orla's brother and sister here, but I don't know about her other siblings.

Her brother Max is a podgy little boy, but Blossom is quite skinny. She is Inside now as it was too cold for her outside.

Hope Orla gets better soon. It's such a shame she has problems again.

Keep me posted on how she does.

Back