• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People in Cleveland - cant find any hay!! stressing out now

Ive got a bag of comfy pets meadow hay and its so finely chopped that its more like dust. It makes me cough and sneeze for ages after so god knows what it does to the bunnys when theyre shoving their heads in it. I really dont want to give it to them.

Apart from that ive got a sample bag of baled meadow hay that they LOVE, but the farm i got it from has ran out. I need to get some hay today, country store doesnt sell baled hay, neither livery yards ive called are selling the small bales anymore. I dont know what to do or where to go.

ETA:
ahhhh!!!!!

Im stressed out now.

All teh pet shops are shut now, my friend hasnt got back to me and mum wont take me for a drive to find some!

What am i supposed to do, im behaving like a spoilt brat aparently, but what am i supposed to do? give them crappy hay? Ive got to clean them out! silly woman!

Last edited:
I get mine by the bale from a place on Teesbay retail part in Hartlepool, Its fantastic and the buns love it.

They are not open today, but you are welcome to half a bale of mine :) I need to put an order in this week anyway

I get mine by the bale from a place on Teesbay retail part in Hartlepool, Its fantastic and the buns love it.

They are not open today, but you are welcome to half a bale of mine :) I need to put an order in this week anyway

Whereabouts are you?

Im right on the edge of the n.yorkshire moors so hartlepool is pretty far to go.

Im in touch with my friend, whos got horses. Shes going to ask her mum if i can buy one of their bales, but they dont make their own hay so ill have to wait and see. If im allowed one, then ill take her up on the offer since shes only a couple of villages away.

Thanks anyway :)

I think I would use the rubbish stuff and hope your friend comes up trumps for you. It is only for one night, your buns will be ok for one night/day

I think I would use the rubbish stuff and hope your friend comes up trumps for you. It is only for one night, your buns will be ok for one night/day

my friend came up trumps, but i cant get to her farm untill the weekend now. i had to buy 3 bags of baled hay from the pet shop, cost me a fortune. He wont sell me one of his full bales because theres a shortage and he gets more per bale from selling the bags...i saved his blooming horse, whats a bale of hay?! :shock:

Ahh well, i hope this bale lasts a while, cos i havent worked out where the next ones coming from :lol: might have to sneak some from the farm :oops:

my friend came up trumps, but i cant get to her farm untill the weekend now. i had to buy 3 bags of baled hay from the pet shop, cost me a fortune. He wont sell me one of his full bales because theres a shortage and he gets more per bale from selling the bags...i saved his blooming horse, whats a bale of hay?! :shock:

Ahh well, i hope this bale lasts a while, cos i havent worked out where the next ones coming from :lol: might have to sneak some from the farm :oops:

Do you not have anywhere you can store it. I tend to buy 3-4 bales at at time along with a 20kg bag of pellets and 2-3 bags of megazorb. I tend to be able to fit it all in somewhere or other

Do you not have anywhere you can store it. I tend to buy 3-4 bales at at time along with a 20kg bag of pellets and 2-3 bags of megazorb. I tend to be able to fit it all in somewhere or other

No, my dads shed is pretty much full of my stuff so i cant really get anything else in, i wont be able to get in to get to any of it otherwise.

Back