• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving house

neenee

Warren Scout
Hi there looking for a bit of advice :wave: Iam moving home in a few weeks and will be putting the rabbits in the garage over the winter as it has electricity
and a boiler fitted. My rabbit has been poorly so i thought its a great solution for over the winter. However ive just been told the fumes coming off the boiler could kill my rabbit? She doesnt know how so i was wondering if anyone knew why? :?

Rabbits can live in garages, however you need to consider the ventilation and natural light that they will get. If light levels are low you will need it is possible that it will be unsuitable to keep them in the garage.

In an adequately ventilated garage you shoulld not have a problem with having the boiler in there, it is advisable to have a carbon dioxide monitor in the garage which alarms in the house if this is present.

You would not be able to keep a car or anything which gives off noxious gases in the garage.

Rabbits can live in garages, however you need to consider the ventilation and natural light that they will get. If light levels are low you will need it is possible that it will be unsuitable to keep them in the garage.

In an adequately ventilated garage you shoulld not have a problem with having the boiler in there, it is advisable to have a carbon dioxide monitor in the garage which alarms in the house if this is present.

You would not be able to keep a car or anything which gives off noxious gases in the garage.

There is a big window with blinds that i will open during the day with the lights on for night :) I didnt look at ventilation so will have a look next time im there. Thank you soo much for suggesting the carbon dioxide monitor it didnt even cross my mind but will give us peace of mind :)

moving house with 14 weeks old bunny

Hi there,

I'm moving house soon and my rabbit will be only 14 weeks when we have to move and he would've stayed with us for a month.
I'm worried about the effects of moving on him as he is very young and only just getting used to us.

We are moving away around two hour drive. Do you have any tips on what to do to keep him calm and not scared?

Thanks

I would set aside a room for him when you move. Make him comfortable in that room with as little "junk" as possible, so he can see all around him. Make sure noone goes into that room except to take care of him. If you can shield him from all of the people coming and going and all of the noise and bustle then it should help him cope.

Hi Tim,

Thank you very much for your advice. I've heard of bach 5 flower remedy do you know if that works? I don't wanna use anything different as he is so young I'm worried about effects on him. Thanks again.

I've never heard of that I'm afraid. I would be wary of using those type of things on rabbits, they are very sensitive.

Back