• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Secret Santa for rescues - update see post 59 please

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
I've had a couple of pm's from rescues suggesting Denise and I set up the Secret Santa this year, due to the success we've had with other fundraisers for all the rescues.

We are more than willing to organise this, but don't want to upset, or tread on anyones toes, as we know it has been previously organised by someone else, although we've been told they no longer have the time to do this, if this isn't the case please let either Denise or myself know.

So here's your chance to say if you think it's a good idea and would like to participate either as a Secret Santa to give a gift or a rescue to receive one - or if you would prefer someone else to do it - please post your comments on the thread:D

ETA xmissysjx has now confirmed she will continue to organise this - so please pm her with any queries:D

Last edited:
I would love to be a gifter. I'd heard the previous organiser was too busy to do it this year, and was hoping it would still go ahead. I'm useless at organising things (including myself) but will be very happy to be a gifter. :wave:

I have been wondering about this for a few days, so glad you've posted! It was such a good success last year. Im willing to join in as both a 'gifter' and a rescue :) Let me know if i can be of any help with anything :wave: x

I have been wondering about this for a few days, so glad you've posted! It was such a good success last year. Im willing to join in as both a 'gifter' and a rescue :) Let me know if i can be of any help with anything :wave: x

Well you are the only rescue that's applied so far;)

Just to let you all know I've pm'd xmissySJx who organised it previously with a link to this thread:D

At least the thread has been started and anyone can continue from here:D

I am sure she'll be fine with you doing it after all the hassle and nastiness she got from some people :roll: Warning, as with everything on RU it gets political :roll:

I couldn;t believe it when missy sj told me what went on last year, as always I was completely oblivious to it all and was so grateful for all the gifts our bunnies received :love:

Yes I'd love to be a gifter and very happy for you to organise it. Could we have a thread where rescues put things they need in general as I always struggle with things to get and would like to get things they need. :)

Would like to say a big thank you for Sarah Jane for organising it before

Honeybunnies has always been very grateful for the parcels received:D

and to Sue and Denise..you really are bunny angels..first the Pledge a Pound and now doing this..huge thanks to you both for all the effort you have put in so far and all you will be putting in!!

We would love to be included again but if there are a lot of rescues and not enough gifters then please miss us out as we have been very well supported by this in previous years:D

Can I nominate the Rabbit Residence Rescue as a recipient please? Caroline doesn't get online a lot and isn't on RU but it would be a real shame if she missed out just because of that. I'm happy to check with her/let her know etc if necessary :)

Hi can I recomend paws rescue in edinburgh as recipient please and also myself willing to be a gifter Thanks . I missed out on this last year. I am happy with you organsing this

Back