• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those big chubes

No. Madam here eats it like nothing else. Just keep an eye on her and make sure she's eating plenty, especially hay. :wave:

:wave: they are made to be non-toxic if eaten, my piggies have demolished the inside of theirs

Most owners of cardboard-eating bunnies worry about it. It's something to keep an eye on, but there do seem to be plenty of bunnies and piggies who survive eating their cardboard-based toys.

Yeh she's had it in her pen for ages and she has just realised what it is and she stripped all the White paper from the inside and that's it :)

I have one chinchilla, Big Boss who eats cardboard like it was food. I worried like mad and confiscated all cardboard, but she's always been fine and I gave it back.

Smoo likes to munch on the odd toilet roll from time to time too. Just watch her poos and make sure she still eats proper food. :)

Mine have never had a chube but they used to have the hay n hide tubes! Daisy had a lot of stasis episodes and one she need hospitalisation for! I'm convinced it was because she ate so much of the cardboard! I took them away and she's never been I'll since! Could be coincidence but I daren't risk it!

ETA: they have cardboard boxes they destroy with no problems I think she ate too much of the tunnels because of the hay covering so Im sure a chube would be ok!

Last edited:
My 2 have the jumbo chube but seriously dont bother with it.

I just get my O/H to get boxes from her work and we cut large an small holes in them for them to do as they please. Now and then we'll put some shredded paper in them aswell.

Its cheap effective and they love it. Little Bosie sits on her box in the hall like its her throne...:love:

Just good to know that it isnt harmful unlike the corn on the cobs which I had no idea was not good for buns

Just good to know that it isnt harmful unlike the corn on the cobs which I had no idea was not good for buns

I'd no idea these were bad for buns, either - Sukie ate loads when I first got him, and he had loose poop trouble during the period he had it. Why do petshops sell these things if they're bad for them, I wonder?

I'd no idea these were bad for buns, either - Sukie ate loads when I first got him, and he had loose poop trouble during the period he had it. Why do petshops sell these things if they're bad for them, I wonder?

To make money, simple as that.

Back