• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cylap side effects question

Wizbit

Alpha Buck
Oscar had a bad reaction to his cylap injection which he had a month ago now. He had scratched a sore patch at the injection site which was healed but now he has several other patches which he has scratched at near to where the original sore patch was. Is it likely that this is still due to the injection? I have had a close look and can't see anything else which could be causing it.

Any advice please?

Sorry I don't have experience with cylap reactions but I would take your bunny back to your vet to get it checked out xx

Yes, unfortunately it is very likely that Cylap is still the cause.

I would get Oscar to the Vet ASAP as he needs an anti-inflammatory such as Metacam.

Dont be surprised if the Vet says it cant be the Cylap a month after vaccination. I have seen it happen too many times before and there have been several accounts of it on here, I'll eat my hat if it isnt Cylap.

Back