• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teeth problems ?U/D booked into the vets.

karen354

Warren Veteran
Over the last couple of days Furby has refused food for an hour or so at the same time of the day :?

She'll eat her breakfast an lots of hay but about 5pm she has an hour or so of being very quiet and won't eat :?
I brought her into the house yesterday and waited until I saw her eating and pooing. She's in now she's started nibbling but no poo yet ..

I was wondering if it's her teeth, she's 5ish .

Last edited:
Impossible to say without examining her

It seems more likely that it may be GI tract related. But as I say, an examination is needed to establish what the problem may be xx

As Jane says, difficult to tell. Is she throwing her head back when eating, dribbling, sticking tongue out when eating (these are all signs I have seen in the past).

FYI - Homer became a dental bunny at about 4.5 (he is 7.5 now), but he is not a hay eater but does get lots of access to grass.

No sandra she doesn't do any of those. She's pooping and eating well this morning :? I'm so confused what's going on.
I'll book her in with Martin tomorrow if he's there.

I am going with Homer for his dental at 4.30 so may see you?

Will be later if I can get her in.. How much does a dental cost if you dont mind me asking.
I've had such bad luck the last 3 months I've spent £100's :(.. Furby is now insured but can't claim for illness for 15 days. I just cannot afford anymore large bills .

The problem with that is when I answered the question has she had any illness, well the answer was no . But when I take her tomorrow I will then have to phone petplan to explain why I have had to take her to the vets.
So if they don't cover for dentals and won't cover for what's causingher to go off her food I can't see she'll be covered for anything.

I

I've sent you a PM with prices I have been charged.

To be honest the dentals don't cost much more than the excess (which was £50 when I last had insurance which is why I canx it).

Is she due any jabs where you could take her for that and then just ask for teeth to be checked during the appt??

When is the 15 days up? As you say if it isn't teeth, then the cost of tests mounts up to see what else it could be.

You have had a tough few months with your bunnies.

Last edited:
Furby is booked in at 6 today.. Very strange she ate fine yesterday, this morning she had breakfast but now refusing food..

So typical I insure her and 2 days later she starts acting not right.

Back