• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sooty's abcess is all gone!

charl86

Alpha Buck
Some of you may have read before that when Sooty went in for a dental a few weeks ago the vet found an abcess, he had a tooth out and a weeks course of baytrill and then he had to go back in for a check up.
Well I went to his check up armed with a list of antibiotics (recommended by some very helpful people on here!) as I was sceptical that baytrill would be working. However the vet checked him over and seemed to think that the abcess had gone! and to just bring him in again in a couple of weeks for another check up.
Although I was pleased with this news I was a little unconvinced that it had been treated that easily, so I took him to another vet, (a small animal practice ran by a university) for a check up and she agreed there seems to be no swelling or signs of infection and that his mouth looks to be in good health!
He's eating okay and not showing any signs of discomfort. So it's good news I think, but I still dont feel convinced!:?

That is good news, but just keep a close eye on it as I beleive they have a habit of coming back (not always though)

glad to hear that this abscess is gone:D but unfortunately there will bw another one in the future.....:cry: sorry to be the bearer of bad news but thought you should know... fingers crossed its not for a long time:)
ps they dont always come back in the same area...so keep a look out on all of the bun...

Back