• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe heat pads - reviews please?

Id like as many review on this product as possible.

I need to start ensuring the buns have everything they need to keep them warm this winter. I have a limited budget too, so i only really want to buy 2 snuggle safe heat pads if they are really effective at keeping bunny warm.

Wheres the best place to put it and will it keep them warm for 12 hours, like it says?

Anyother low cost, effective ways of keeping them warm will be much apreciated also :)

I used to put Sooty's under the hay in her bedroom and, if really cold, another one in the main shed bit.

They usually kept warm for the 12 hours unless it was very, very cold.

I tend to put one in the hay and also one under the water bowl. I also get up and reheat them in the night because they don't stay warm all night (Well they didn't in those temperatures we had last winter).

I wouldn't be without snugglesafes.

Something else you can do is get some uncooked rice and put it in a sock and then heat that in the microwave. Its very cheap but it will need reheating every hour or two. You also have to be sure your rabbits are not going to try and chew through the sock and eat the rice.

I use mine every night in winter and wouldnt be without them, will be buying another soon for my new arrivals:D

:lol:
microwave it too often...and it will blow up:shock:

:lol: :shock:

Ok, so i have 2 hutches to keep warm. Will one per hutch be ok? to begin with at least?

At the moment, the piggies have a huge rubber backed mat over the front of their hutch, i dont think ill need anything else over the front, unless i can afford a hutch hugger (but i plan on getting new set ups after this winter).

The buns currently have a big rain coat over the wire of the top tier, its enough for now, but i really worry about them. I thought id have persuaded the parents to let them live indoors by now! :roll: :lol:

I think the Snugglesafe is really good BUT it only stays warm for 6-8 hours (max). I have used it indoors lately and then it only lasts up to 8 hours. I am guessing when it is outside it doesnt last anywhere near as long as this.

However, you could insulate your cage. I have bought a cage snugger (regulates heat to ensure temp isnt too hot in summer and too cold in winter) and a cage hugger (which is basically a waterproof cover).

A think a combination of the two (cover and snugglesafe), along with alot of hay will help them get through the winter. ;)

I have two, they are good, also straw is a better insulator than hay so I stuff the bed area of the hutch with loads of straw and put the snugglesafe in there

I think the Snugglesafe is really good BUT it only stays warm for 6-8 hours (max). I have used it indoors lately and then it only lasts up to 8 hours. I am guessing when it is outside it doesnt last anywhere near as long as this.

However, you could insulate your cage. I have bought a cage snugger (regulates heat to ensure temp isnt too hot in summer and too cold in winter) and a cage hugger (which is basically a waterproof cover).

A think a combination of the two (cover and snugglesafe), along with alot of hay will help them get through the winter. ;)

That was the plan, but i cant afford a hutch snuggle and a hutch hugger for 2 hutches. :( ...they wont be any use after this winter because theyre getting a different set up too. :)

I think its going to have to be tarp :roll: not very nice to look at out of the conservatory window but at least they wont be getting soggy.

Maybe i could make a hutch hugger out of the tarp?? Obviously it wont be as good as the real thing, but at least that way it would cover the whole hutch and i could make some windows that fasten with velcro?

ETA: I have 2 snugglesafes on the way from Vet UK already though :)

Last edited:
You can put bubblewrap around the outside of the hutches to give a bit of insulation under a tarp cover :wave:

xxx

The indoor piggies quite like them in the winter - it gets a bit chilly in the conservatory as there's only one small radiator in there.

Back