• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inspector Morse-U/D 15th Oct- After a Check-Up With C :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I dont know how long my Morsey will remain with us :cry: He has battled repeated ear infections for over 18 months :cry: Just when we think that we have won the battle he relapses again :cry: Each relapse takes more and more out of him :cry: This time his weight has dropped from 3.97kg to 3.19kg in less than 2 weeks :cry:

Major surgery is probably our only other option, but Morse is too frail to go through it :cry: Our Vet says that she doubts he would survive :cry:

So Morse is now on two systemic antibiotics, two systemic analgesics and topical ear drops. He also has to have both ear canals flushed out every day :cry:

Today Morse is brighter within himself and he has his appetite back now that his ear pain is under control. I took these pics of him this morning

003-32.jpg

You can see how boney his spine has become in this one :cry:

004-29.jpg

008-28.jpg

014-26.jpg

I cannot bare to think of having to let Morse go :cry: But I would never want him to have endless pain. I love him so much and I know that may mean I have to make a really heartbreaking decision :cry:

Last edited:
Oh Dear I do so love Morse I couldn't imagine the RU forum without him so I'm sending him mega mega Vibes and hoping he stays strong for us all and sending you hugs Jane. xx

Hes looking surprisingly bright actually, its good to c him that way :love:

I know hes far from out of the woods yet but try not to torture yourself about making 'that decision' just yet.

Getting his pain under control is a great step in the roght direction.

Keep fighting Morsey, we loves you :love:

Oh Dear I do so love Morse I couldn't imagine the RU forum without him so I'm sending him mega mega Vibes and hoping he stays strong for us all and sending you hugs Jane. xx

Echo this exactly. :(
RU just wouldnt be the same without the inspector. :cry::cry::cry:
But we know that you, of all people would not want any of your buns to suffer. Morse loves you very much, he will 'tell' you when it's time for him to go I think.
(((BIG HUGS))) :cry: :love:

Fist of all Jane it is lovely to finally see a photo of you complete you usually leave your head out of it :lol:

Morse is in the best hands :love:

........and now you can see why !!

I know this is a Morse thread but you have amazingly beautiful eyes.

Morse is fighting and that's such a relief to see. I can definitely relate to how much he means to you and how much you need and love him. It is devastating facing what you are dealing with right now.

I know physically you may be alone but please know that we are with you both in heart and thought.

Poor Morse, he does look a bit brighter. Every day with him will be precious. Thinking of you both. xx

Have been following his progress closely Jane. I do so hope that you have a long time left together. He's such a special boy.

Lovely photos by the way of both Morse and you!

morse is delightful, and he may come round. vibes morse, recovery. jane... he looks like... you....!!!

Sending lots of healing pain free vibes to Morse. Hope he is able to put a bit of weight back on too for his poor little spine xxx

Back