• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Helen gets a well earned massage....

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
after her medicine from Dad Tucker

9-10-10004.jpg

9-10-10005.jpg

9-10-10008.jpg

9-10-10006.jpg

9-10-10010.jpg

9-10-10011.jpg

9-10-10012.jpg

Hope Mummy Helen and Baby Saint don't mind me asking, but what ages are they? I've only been around since July so I don't know their story, although I have gathered that they were ill-treated in the past. :(

Hope Mummy Helen and Baby Saint don't mind me asking, but what ages are they? I've only been around since July so I don't know their story, although I have gathered that they were ill-treated in the past. :(

Helen is about 2 years old and Baby Saint about 18 months old now, both were dumped at the side of a very busy road in St Helens, Merseyside (hence their names, plus Mike was born in St Helens)
Helen was alive with mites, had overgrown nails and a dirty bottom she was also very twisted with splayed back legs, we now know she has curviture of the spine, Baby Saint was in a bad way as her eyes were closed with pus oozing out, her bottom was also dirty and she was very dehydrated. We didn't think Baby Saint would live and we took her and Helen the next day over to Bunny Burrows in North Yorkshire (as we lived in Preston then in Lancashire) and Gwen took them to see her vet at the time Francis Harcourt Brown.
Helen was spayed and at the same time had fluid that was round her organs drained off else we thought she was pregnant. Baby Saint had a dislocated pelvis, and back dislocated disabled leg and Francis felt that her eyes had been poked at with a stick as they were in such a bad way and she is totally blind.
We also think she had been stood on.
Our vet in Sunderland on a recent check up said Baby Saint was very damaged.
They went back to Bunny Burrows for awhile and we missed and loved them so much we decided to give them a home with us and we are so glad we did as they are so special to us.

By rights Baby Saint shouldn't be here as the vet wanted to put her down but we knew without her baby Helen would not has survived as she never left her Baby when they were dumped she had stayed close to her and she didn't have to. Baby Saint could get around and was eating and so we and Gwen at Bunny Burrows decided to give her a chance of life and some happiness for Helen to bring up her Daughter, she is an amazing Mother though a little overprotective at times and we are so glad we all made that decision.

She looks like she loves her massage! :love::love::love:
And there is something about men and buns that make me go all gooey inside :love:

Beautiful, brave bunny. I adore her and baby saint, their story is so sad yet so happy because they ended up with you and a chance at life :love:

And isnt daddy Tucker a big softie :love:

Thanks for posting their story ... although it is even worse than I had imagined. :cry: There can be no possible justification for mistreating two innocent little bunnies like that - so glad you and Bunny Burrows were there for them. :love:

I must have missed their story years ago. How lovely that she stayed with her baby by the side of the road:love: They are obviously very special girls.

Back