• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anivac VHD

rodneyvet

Warren Scout
Ok in response to the many recent VHD threads, and the fact there is a poll out regarding VHD Vaccs, Who is using the new VHD vaccine from Animalcare Anivac VHD. the difference is that its not in the mineral oil presentatiopn so operator safety is not a concern and side effects (that often result from the mineral oil vehicle) are not an issue. :D

Someone mentioned it on here recently. How new is it? Is it starting to be used more by different vets across the country?

Rep contacted my vet the same day I saw thread.I contacted Ian to give me a ring which he has.My VHDs arent due for 6 months.

Ok in response to the many recent VHD threads, and the fact there is a poll out regarding VHD Vaccs, Who is using the new VHD vaccine from Animalcare Anivac VHD. the difference is that its not in the mineral oil presentatiopn so operator safety is not a concern and side effects (that often result from the mineral oil vehicle) are not an issue. :D

I will have my bunnies vaccinated by whatever you think is best :lol:

Has anyone actually used this yet? If it came recommended on here then when mine are due I would ask for it. I actually didn't realise there was a choice in types of vaccine until now with all the threads.

Has anyone actually used this yet? If it came recommended on here then when mine are due I would ask for it. I actually didn't realise there was a choice in types of vaccine until now with all the threads.

rodneyvet is a very Bunny Savvy Vet and if he is now going to use it for his clients then I would definitely be happy for any Rabbit of mine to receive the vaccine :)

I'll wait until it has been used a bit. Although I like the idea of it being single doses. I am about to switch to Lapinject because of the Cylap effect, but will have to take all three at the same time.

Thanks Rodney vet.
That's a big step forward in making the vaccine both safer for our buns & for the vets. I know it doesn't help in the way the vaccine is obtained, we'll have to wait for that.

Back