• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Zithromax and Depocillin ?

Nope, I haven't. I also don't know if they can be used together. Although AFAIK you don't need a withdrawal period...at least I gave Dominic his last depo jab a couple of days before switching him onto zith.

Are you thinking of trying Morse on Zithromax Jane? I would deffo say it's a worth a try

Nope, I haven't. I also don't know if they can be used together. Although AFAIK you don't need a withdrawal period...at least I gave Dominic his last depo jab a couple of days before switching him onto zith.

Are you thinking of trying Morse on Zithromax Jane? I would deffo say it's a worth a try

Thank you

I read elsewhere that it can be used at the same time :?

Does Zithromax come in injectable form ?

I really dont feel comfortable about giving oral abx to Morse :?

Jane, maybe ask on www.rabbitsonline.net because they use Penicillin far more readily over there. I don't believe there is injectable Zithromax though, and some bunnies experience horrific gut effects, so if you are concerned then follow your gut instinct about Morse.

What about something like Convenia? I'm unsure what it can be used in conjunction with though, although my vet did it in conjuction with Septrin frm one bunny I know of.

Just didn't want to not answer - but we have never done this.

Parsley's revolting ear has responded really well to a combination of oral baytril and metranidozol WITH syringing marbocyl down into the ear once a day after cleaning. After 4 weeks of this it is almost clear as far as can be seen (we are nor putting him under CA to poke around deeper).

In comparison it was full of puss before and inflamed so much his ear drum had burst:(

I do think its the marbocyl syringing that has done the trick.

As you know he also had two ketamine injections when the pain was at its worst - and had metacam for the first 2 weeks to get the inflamation down.

Back