• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They're home!... but they won't go up the ramps!

Candiflare

Mama Doe
My bubbas are home, ALL friends, all very happy. They're all in a real honeymoon stage as they're acting like baby buns with their little eyes always closing and they keep forming these snuggly balls of fur where they all snush together and you can't tell where somebun's ear ends and another bun's foot begins.

BUT, I've bought them this MASSIVE 3 tier hutch but they will not go up or down the stairs... Last night I thought "it doesn't matter they'll get used to it," and I come down this morning and they're all still squished in the same little space they were when I left them :roll:

I've placed them on the ramps, put treats on the ramps, but they're not interested. ~They're not even curious about what's up there! They have three massive floors to explore and they don't want to.

Is there anything I can do to get them used to the ramps?

How steep are the ramps and how much grip is on them?

Have found carpet or rubber matting to help with grip, but most of all changing the incline to make the ramp less steep. :wave:

Don't worry, they'll learn in time. Mango has a two-tiered cage and it took him a week or so before he decided he knew how to use the ramp. We did try with noms and other tricks, but only when he decided he wanted to did he get the hang of it.

Gosh, I do sympathise. Spenser's ramp was removable, so it was months before I even plucked up the courage to leave him with it. :oops: From what I gather, most bunnies are suspicious of ramps, but get the hang of them fairly quickly. Good luck - hope your bunnies go expolring soon. :wave:

Back