• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxi Question

Adorabunny

Warren Scout
Just wondering why myxi is more prevalent in September and October...I assumed the summer months would be the worst time of year. Is there an ideal time of year to vaccinate for Myxi?

March and September are good times to vaccinate so that bunnies have optimum immunity in the months where they would be 'more at risk'.

However, no matter when they are vaccinated, I feel the most important thing is to keep them religiously up to date.

It seems to be to do with the life cycle of the mosquito and seasonal effect.

I personally prefer to vaccinate Jan/Feb and July/Aug so that bun's immunity is well established by the height of the Myxi season in Sept and early Spring/Summer. But as long as you keep the boosters regular at 6 months it doesn't really matter.

It seems to be to do with the life cycle of the mosquito and seasonal effect.

I personally prefer to vaccinate Jan/Feb and July/Aug so that bun's immunity is well established by the height of the Myxi season in Sept and early Spring/Summer. But as long as you keep the boosters regular at 6 months it doesn't really matter.

This is my vaccination schedule, late January and late July

Back