• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Post mortem question

Fran

Warren Veteran
So I have Sophie's post mortem results back today. He said it showed that her liver was very enlarged and engorged, Alvin's liver was also very enlarged and his adrenal gland was enlarged as well. They died within 3 weeks of each other and with similar symptoms (going very limp and laboured breathing) but he doesn't know if it's connected or just bad luck. He wants to send off samples but if it is a new virus or something it won't be able to stop any of my others getting it anyway. I'm worried for my other four but I don't know if there's any point in sending off samples if it's just going to tell me it's her liver. Do you think there's any point in sending off samples?

I would if it was me, just in case.

We did this when we lost 3 of our bunnies at the same time. Unfortunately the tests didn't show anything but it helped put my mind at ease for the other buns.

If it is something new, the vets might be able to learn from it (I hope that doesn't sound horrible, you know what I mean :oops:)

xxx

I think I would send off the samples anyway- I would then know if it was infectious or not, otherwise I would be constantly worrying when I may just have been coincidence or something treatable if the others did catch it.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you, I think I will get the samples sent off so that I know. So worried I'm going to lose another one but I'm just hoping I've been unlucky recently

Back