• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bucks kept togther?

lucy24

Mama Doe
Hiya everyone! Recently my rabbit Patch passed away after 9 years and was thinking of getting another one early next year as a house rabbit. However i wanted to know if i were to get two bucks from the same litter, would keeping them together work if i got them neutered as soon as they matured? has anyone done this and succeeded? i had two sisters before and it worked really well.
Thanks!:D

Yes, it can work as long as you get them neutered as soon as they are ready.

We have a group of 4 (2 brothers and 2 sisters) and the brothers are extremely close.

I have two unrelated neutered males bonded in a pair and they are very loved up.

I also have two ten week old brothers and am hoping to neuter early so they can stay together.

Its not impossible by any means just a bit trickier and I'd only advise it if you had room to keep them seperate permanently should the need arise.

I have two unrelated neutered males bonded in a pair and they are very loved up.

I also have two ten week old brothers and am hoping to neuter early so they can stay together.

Its not impossible by any means just a bit trickier and I'd only advise it if you had room to keep them seperate permanently should the need arise.

Good advice :D

Hiya everyone! Recently my rabbit Patch passed away after 9 years and was thinking of getting another one early next year as a house rabbit. However i wanted to know if i were to get two bucks from the same litter, would keeping them together work if i got them neutered as soon as they matured? has anyone done this and succeeded? i had two sisters before and it worked really well.
Thanks!:D

Best get them neutered first because they fight
iv got 2 and they are brothers and they fight which is why i need them neutered but i keep them seperate from each other and they also go for dad baby

thanks for the replies! am glad its possible.just going to have to be patient now until i get them! :) can't wait! thanks xx

I have a pair of brothers (Dan & Clo) and my other pair are father and son (Blackie and Butter) - Butter is the father of the 3 boys.

They are very happily bonded :D

Yep- i have two pairs of neutered males- same litter. They are absolutely fine together. Good luck xx

p.s Are you going to get a couple of rescue buns?

It may work and does work, but is it the best combination. No.
If you haven't got the bunnies, why not get a girl/boy from a litter.

I've got a group of five male litter mates living together, there is a pecking order but that's all other than that they love each other.

I also have quite a few pairs of male rabbits living together and regularly bond unrelated males up.
In fact I find male/male bondings easier than male/female sometimes.

Good luck in what ever you do, at the end of the day it's your choice and as long as the rabbits and you are happy then that's all that matters.:D

Yep- i have two pairs of neutered males- same litter. They are absolutely fine together. Good luck xx

p.s Are you going to get a couple of rescue buns?[/QUOTE

im not sure on that yet actually. there are a few mini lop breeders around that i like the look of but i would definately consider a rescue bun if the right ones turned up. :bunny::bunny:

also, the reason i wasn't going for a boy/girl combo was that i was worried about keeping them separate until getting them neutered. they'd have to be apart for what? 4/5 months? especially as they'd be in the house. having two cages and two free run areas would take up alot of space i should think? unless its simpler than that? i dont know.lol
if anyone has any ideas on that feel free to post! thanks :D

also, the reason i wasn't going for a boy/girl combo was that i was worried about keeping them separate until getting them neutered. they'd have to be apart for what? 4/5 months? especially as they'd be in the house. having two cages and two free run areas would take up alot of space i should think? unless its simpler than that? i dont know.lol
if anyone has any ideas on that feel free to post! thanks :D

If you get a male and female pair from a rescue, they'll already be neutered and bonded, its great, it means you don't have to go through the stress of wondering if they will get through the opp. And rescuings always better anyway ;)

Back