• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shorter Tunnel Suitable for Biscuit sized bunnies!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Biscuit's tunnel broke about a month or so ago (when we picked it up, the metal wiring came through, so i had to throw it away.

He loved his tunnel and would enjoy running through it one way or 'tother.

I want a new one for when he moves in with Ginger in the pen, but they are all ~4ft long. The pen is ~4ft long so it wouldn't work well, unless diagonal, which then takes away lots of space.

Does anyone know anywhere that does shorter tunnels? Maybe 2-3 feet?

I've googled, but i can't find anything like what i want.

ETA: Biscuit Size;

overthere04.jpg

best i can do for size!

If you're handy could you maybe 'knock together' a tunnel yourself .... either a square or triangle shaped one? You could do it any size you wanted then??

Graham you know that cardboard tube you bought that wasn't big enough? They do a Jumbo one which is the size I use for my bunnies.

If you're handy could you maybe 'knock together' a tunnel yourself .... either a square or triangle shaped one? You could do it any size you wanted then??

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Me and DIY don't mix Jo i'm afraid.

I put a shelving unit together in my old flat. 3 of the 4 shelves were upside down and then i snapped 2 of them taking it apart again.

:roll:

Thanks tho!

Graham you know that cardboard tube you bought that wasn't big enough? They do a Jumbo one which is the size I use for my bunnies.

i'll have to have a look Amy, the one i bought is 'Giant' apparently according to the label, but not even Ginger would fit through it ! :(

I found this if it helps...

Jumbo - 12'' Long, 8'' Diameter
Giant - 9'' Long, 5'' Diameter
Extra Large - 9'' Long, 4'' Diameter
Large 6'' Long, 2.5'' Diameter
Regular 6'' Long, 1.5'' Diameter.

Tescos do a child tunnel which someone on here bought for their buns.
Its in the Tescos catalogue for roughly £10

I found this if it helps...

Jumbo - 12'' Long, 8'' Diameter
Giant - 9'' Long, 5'' Diameter
Extra Large - 9'' Long, 4'' Diameter
Large 6'' Long, 2.5'' Diameter
Regular 6'' Long, 1.5'' Diameter.

Jumbo is definately what i'd need then and i think that might be perfect!

Cat tunnels are the way to go!

Either that or get an upside down cardboard box and cut arches at either end - they will be trashed, but can be replaced as necessary.

Having a large rabbit, I'm just being a bit nosey - I thought there would be a pictures of Biscuit, and you can never have too much of the handsome boy. :wave:

Back