• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Face rubbing..U/D attempted Hump!

smoo

Mama Doe
.. Indy's taken to rubbing his face on everthing from the food bowl to the remote control, is this him scenting??

Last edited:
Yes, he is marking it all as his:lol: Some of mine mark me too:love:

They can also mark food as if to say I will eat that later.

Yeah its with his chin, but he seems to be rubbing it on everything at the moment,

I've just had the fright of my LIFE, Indy was running laps around Luna and I thought'' oo er he's a bit frisky'' and then he attempted to hump her... :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Needless to say he's away and they won't be having any more supervised play dates.

Just single freeranging from now on!

Hehe, naughty Indy.

When they go around rubbing their chin on everything I call in 'mineing'. This is mine, that's mine, and that's mine too... :lol:

Haha thats pretty much what he's doing although he does want quite alot of the usless rubbish sitting around my house including a spare pair of shoelaces and the ps3.

such a boy:love::love:

Gosh - could have been a near miss with the hump attempt! :shock:

Spenser chins things in his run or the house. He doesn't need to do it in the hutch. He was chinning my friend's shows yestedray afternoon.

Haha thats pretty much what he's doing although he does want quite alot of the usless rubbish sitting around my house including a spare pair of shoelaces and the ps3.

such a boy:love::love:

I like how you classed the PS3 in with the useless rubbish. :lol: (I'm an Xbox fan...)

I hope it was a near miss and not an accidental good shot :roll:
I think I was tempting fate with giving them supervised free runs. I really hope he didn't get to her. I'll keep an eye on her for the next few weeks to see if she starts to get fat. If she does can she be speyed mid pregnancy?

and yes PS3 does get thrown in with the usless rubbish section.

How old is she? It can literally take a couple of seconds for a successful mating to take place. If I were you I would get her booked in for a spay tomorrow; that way if she has been 'caught' it is still far too early for her for there to be any actual kits and for her to know that anything is there: rabbits are induced ovulators so the act of humping will cause her to ovulate. Tomorrow she may not be pregnant but a few days later she might well be. I wouldn't wait until there are actual kits that can be palpated when you know what has happened today. Please, please don't ever let unneutered rabbits 'play' together even supervised as it really does only take a second...

I remember it happened on here a few years ago, someone thought they'd just see how the buns got on; the male hopped on, the owner took him off straight away, 4 weeks later, kits arrived.

Back