• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could Ginger have some vibes please?/He's gone to the bridge

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
He's got Snuffles, and I think we might be losing the battle. :cry: He's been on baytril for 2 weeks now and while his eye's a lot better, and he's not sneezing nearly so much, he's still in a lot of pain and isn't eating properly at all. He's little paws and face a covered in yellow discharge. Everyone's telling me to PTS, but I just can't do it. I'm just giving him Metacam and loving him lots. Please can you send some vibes for my gorgeous baby bun? He's so special.

Last edited:
Lotsa healing vibes for Ginger...so sorry Ive not got any advice....come on little one - get better.....xxxx

I hope that you can decide to do whatever you feel is best for Ginger. Its such a nightmare having an ill bunny, let alone getting conflicting advice.

I'll be thinking of you both.

Apart from Baytril has the Vet not suggested a different abx ?

What about nebulising him ?

Where is the pain originating from ?

Sorry for all the questions but I am not sure of his background.

Thanks for all the vibes guys!

I just don't know where I am with him. One minute he's coming bounding towards me asking for food, the next he's crouched in a corner with his eyes closed, grinding his teeth.

I just can't understand it. I keep them sparkling clean, they're never out in the wet, they have a warm cozy shed and a good diet - why did this have to happen?!

Sorry to hear that Ginger is not so good. Go back to your Vet and ask for a change of antibiotics, Two weeks is clearly long enough to know that the baytril isn't enough. My Bear was on two antibiotics baytril and Marbocyl with the possibility of using Penicillin in the future when these no longer work.

Go back and get a change of antibiotics then hopefully there will be an improvement. Paws crossed

Apart from Baytril has the Vet not suggested a different abx ?

What about nebulising him ?

Where is the pain originating from ?

Sorry for all the questions but I am not sure of his background.

He was on a different one to start with, but my sis changed it as 'baytril is better' apparently!

I have thought of nebulising him, but he doesn't seem to be having difficulty breathing, and I thought the stress of it might just make things worse? He doesn't like loud noises at all, and from the videos I've watched it seems really loud? Do you think it would help with the discharge anyway?

I don't know where the pain is coming from. I think probably his mouth, as he's really 'chomping' as he eats and Pickles is licking it a lot. I asked the vet to put him under and take skull x-rays as I thought it might be a dental abcess, but he wouldn't go for it. It could be his tum anyway though as he seems to be lying on more than usual, and it looks to me like he's struggling to use his littertray. My sis has palpated him and says it all feels fine, except for feeling small hard droppings in there.

Please, any advice at all I'm open to it. Would a nebuliser help with the discharge? How can I find out where the pain is coming from?

Sending loads of vibes. Little Merlin has boughts of snuffles. Have they tried other antibiotics? Have you got a humidifier as this helped with Merlin also. Merlin was never in pain when he had snuffles the metacam was used as an antiflammatory I'm wondering whether there is something else going on. Antibiotics can upset some buns tum. Is he having probiotics to help his tummy.

Last edited:
Back