• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Judgemental People

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Why is it that people feel its their right or place to judge what others do, or to blame them for situations beyond their control. It REALLY does my head in.

I was told that it was my fault Rosie died and that my actions killed her. Someone else recently implied something about Badger. Those things deeply hurt me. Thankfully my mum stood up for me about the Rosie comment when I wasn't able to stand up for myself, just gape at the person who said it.

I see good people like Jane, or Liz, and many others, having to defend their actions or their bunnies illnesses or what choices they have made because people have made statements or judgements or whatever. That's not right!

Those people are adding stress and more upset to someone going through something already hard to cope with.

If anyone on this forum is doing that, get a grip. You don't know anyone elses situation and you do not have a right to judge anyone else, same as no one else has a right to judge you. Please show some sensitivity and common sense.

To the people on the receiving end, all you can do is your best and make any decisions based on what you feel is best for your bunnies. If you're confident you're doing that then to hell with everyone else. Your bunnies are lucky to have you.

I would hope people on here could be more understanding when it comes to someone losing a pet :? Not start telling people its their own fault

Unfortunately it's just a fact of life that sometimes people might disagree with you, or upset you (intentionally or unintentionally)

When one of my rabbits died, my neighbour made a joke that I'd killed her (yeah v. funny :roll: ). I know it wasn't meant in a nasty way, so I just shrugged it off.

There's nothing you can do except learn to deal with it.

I'm really sorry you feel like this. :(
i have to admit I only dip in and out of RU as I'm at work :shock: but what you say is right - we all try to do the best and right thing for our buns to the best of our abiklity and resources (at least thats the impression I get)
No-one can 'blame' you for anything.
Sadly all our buns will be at the bridge long before we are and all the best medical attention in the world can't make them live forever.
Maybe some poeple have some guilt of their own for whatever reason and blaming someone else is a way of dealing with it?
All I know is that you seem to know alot about buns, you are still asking questions to find out more and like you say, that means your buns are lucky to have you.
Hope you feel better soon :love:

The trouble is when we are down because a beloved pet is ill or has died then we are far more vulnerable to other people's comments and less able to deal with them or 'shrug them off'.

Don't let people get to you (and if anyone in particular is bugging you add them to you 'ignore' list ;))

((((hugs))))

This wasn't actually meant to be about me, although I have been on the receiving end, It was actually borne from something Jane posted (sorry Jane) and more in defence of those people who feel a need to defend their actions.

I'm all good.

I agree with you. I think it's awful when people have to defend their choices.

Don't let people get to you (and if anyone in particular is bugging you add them to you 'ignore' list ;))

((((hugs))))

Just a note that you can't do this with mod's.

This wasn't actually meant to be about me, although I have been on the receiving end, It was actually borne from something Jane posted (sorry Jane) and more in defence of those people who feel a need to defend their actions.

I'm all good.

If this was about Tree saying that she doesn't agree with VHD vaccinations...

Tree meant ANYONE who vaccs has blood on their hands, not Jane as an individual. If Jane took it the wrong way, then I'm sure Tree is sorry...In fact she DID apologise if any offence was caused.

The way a comment is MEANT and the way it is TAKEN are unfortunatly often 2 different things.

If to disagree with somebody makes me evil, then so be it.

Right this is about me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Because I....

Vaccinate my buns for VHD, but don't agree with the vaccine

Because of this, I am out to get Jane, what.......?

I don't agree with how the VHD vaccine is made, it has nothing to do with Jane, how many times, do I need to say the same thing?

Last edited:
Its horrible for someone to blame a grieving owner for the death of their pet :shock: Whrn my Tilly died i was in bits but a 'friend' of mine still thought it was funny to ask me to bring her over so he could put her in a pie.
Some people just have NO idea how much these animals mean to us, how much a part of us they are and how awesome the responsibility we feel for their lives.
Noone has the right to judge anyone who has always strived to do roght by their animals :evil:

Its horrible for someone to blame a grieving owner for the death of their pet :shock: Whrn my Tilly died i was in bits but a 'friend' of mine still thought it was funny to ask me to bring her over so he could put her in a pie.
Some people just have NO idea how much these animals mean to us, how much a part of us they are and how awesome the responsibility we feel for their lives.
Noone has the right to judge anyone who has always strived to do roght by their animals :evil:

OMG Thats is shocing....I would have been so angry with them! So sorry you had to hear that - so very hurtful.

If this was about Tree saying that she doesn't agree with VHD vaccinations...

Tree meant anyone who vaccs has blood on their hands, not Jane as an individual. If Jane took it the wrong way, then I'm sure Tree is sorry...In fact she DID apologise if any offence was caused.

The way a comment is MEANT and the way it is TAKEN are unfortunatly often 2 different things.

If to disagree with somebody makes me evil, then so be it.

Thanks Amy we crossed, that is what I meant. I actually vaccinate, all my rescue buns up for rehoming are vaccinated for VHD, it's in my rehoming contract to keep up vaccinations and I vaccinate my own buns.

I don't agree with how the vaccine is made though

Right this is about me :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Because I....

Vaccinate me buns for VHD, but don't agree with the vaccine

Because of this, I am out to get Jane, what.......?

I don't agree with how the VHD vaccine is made, it has nothing to do with Jane, how many times, do I need to say the same thing?

I didn't know this was about you SOAD, certainly it wasn't from my part. Sorry! It was not just about what Jane said, but more from seeing lots and lots of people saying similar things and defences. Sorry.

I didn't know this was about you SOAD, certainly it wasn't from my part. Sorry! It was not just about what Jane said, but more from seeing lots and lots of people saying similar things and defences. Sorry.

Oh ok I am sorry, it seemed it was on about me :oops::oops::oops:

I don't like the VHD vaccine at all, I have blood on my hands with it, it wasn't particularly Jane, I just I don't like the vaccine, because of how it's made.

Oh ok I am sorry, it seemed it was on about me :oops::oops::oops:

I don't like the VHD vaccine at all, I have blood on my hands with it, it wasn't particularly Jane, I just I don't like the vaccine, because of how it's made.

I read the first bit of that thread but no more so definitely didn't read what you said or any more of the thread (the idea of how the vaccine was made was enough for me to not want to read anymore). Had I thought somoene would take it personally I definitely would not have posted. Call it a cumulative effect from my part triggered by 'the straw that broke the camels back'. Sorry.

Thanks Chelle, yeh it was horrible. I had to just walk away and try to forget if coz i didnt even want to think about it :cry:

Btw i didnt know this was about anyone, im pretty sure it wasnt meant that way :wave:

I am intrigued about how the vaccine is made now though, will have totry and find that thread xxx

Thanks Chelle, yeh it was horrible. I had to just walk away and try to forget if coz i didnt even want to think about it :cry:

Btw i didnt know this was about anyone, im pretty sure it wasnt meant that way :wave:

I am intrigued about how the vaccine is made now though, will have totry and find that thread xxx

I think its the one called 'so depressing'.

And thanks, it definitely wasn't meant that way.

I read the first bit of that thread but no more so definitely didn't read what you said or any more of the thread (the idea of how the vaccine was made was enough for me to not want to read anymore). Had I thought somoene would take it personally I definitely would not have posted. Call it a cumulative effect from my part triggered by 'the straw that broke the camels back'. Sorry.

I think sometimes that's the biggest problem with this forum. It's full of rumour, half truths and gossip. Probably best to take anything you read or hear with a large pinch of salt. I learnt the hard way! :lol:

All, lets just make a deal that if we feel like someone has upset us......PM them directly & im sure it would all be resolved within minutes. :D

Much love to you all! :love:

Back