• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More than 1 bunny

lperry11

Warren Scout
Has anybody got more than 1 bunny which is hard to litter train
I have 4 rabbits and baby is only 1 who is trained but other 3 :censored:
they can use the litter tray but still leaves droppings every where
All house bunnys as i dont have a garden/yard

Are they all spayed/neutered?

I have several who are rubbish- Sandy, Dawn and Wish (although she is not spayed, so that's understandable). Sandy and Dawn are just rubbish rubbish though. I feel your pain. They were inside but had to be moved outside with their respective friends for various reasons (unrelated to the litter stuff).

Are they all neutered?

I have one that's bad but is getting better. She wasn't spayed until 2+ so she has a lot of hormonal traits still ingrained in her. Anywhere new it takes a while before she is settled enough to stop marking and even then we get a few. She lives in this room now, has done for a couple of months but we still get the odd puddle and I have to sweep once or twice a day (and before any visitors :oops:).

I've got 2 bunnies and they wee in their tray but do hardly any poo's. When there freeranging they get to excited to sit still and poo and do it on the run!

When i got baby i had no problems with his droppings as he would eat them i did get baby neutered and iv still got no problems with him unless his litter tray is about 2 inches out of place he uses carpet
My other 3 can use the litter tray no problems but still drop every where and i havent got them done, my dads bunny who is a brother to my 3 has learned to use his cage as he is the only bunny.
I am getting the 2 boys neutered as they are spraying urine every where :censored: and because iv got a girl bunny the sister.
Is it true that males will stop fighting if they are neutered aswell, i let them out seperate, babys cage is my bedroom and he will not come out he loves being in there and loves lying on my bed, i put the girl with baby as them 2 can get along

Neutering and spaying them should ease their need to mark their territory (which is probably what they are doing right now). It may be possible to bond them after they are neutered/spayed. I would say use the search function and have a read up on bonding (there is also an article on my website- link in my sig) because it can be quite a challenge.

mine do a great big pile of poop in their tray, but also like to scatter it about the run, I think they just get too excited! they're very good with the wee though, that is about 98% in the tray, the odd little oops here and there, but they're outside buns so it's not as big an issue!

Do buns stop dropping everywhere once they are speyed?

It should improve as their hormones die down but some never lose it completely. Generally they drop poos to mark their territory, and when they are neutered the need to mark territory is eased somewhat.

Mine are trained but in the house they poo outside each others rooms, A couple of poos to pass on a message! I have sisal mats out side each door cos of this. However in their own rooms etc they are fine. In groups it's still a territory issue, and in my experience having previously had a group of six neutered over a year before, they as a group were terrible but individually or in pairs retained the litter training. The problem I found is having one free pooing bun encourages the others to counteract what the take as being marking by dropping some of their poos. To override the poo already there, if that makes sense? Is their hay based by their litter trays? Pooing and eating is a buns favourite pastime so making their litter tray the most exciting and attractive place in the house could help. The other thing to consider is that the trays may need to be bigger so they can all pile in for a group sitting :)

I have 3 buns. 2 downstairs neutered and bonded. They pee in the litter tray and leave the odd dropping around but minimal amount.
The one upstairs - well I call it Poo central! :lol: I regularly have to get the dustpan and brush out. He has marked a couple of times as well.

I use paper and hay in my litter tray, baby would eat his but these 3 dont
if baby dropped them i would point and he eat it straight away :love:
Last night fatty my girl had a big wee on my bed :evil:
Wood floor makes it worse poop every where which henry (hoover) comes out quite alot :lol: my birds are on the floor aswell and dont want them to eat it:shock:

We are going to get wood floor but I'm going to get some cheap Ikea rugs to scatter around during the day so little tootsies don't slip.:)

We are going to get wood floor but I'm going to get some cheap Ikea rugs to scatter around during the day so little tootsies don't slip.:)

Wood floor is better to clean BUT its so annoying that you see a few because the poop stands out more lol

Back