• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eeek... :(

Anyone know why? Should I not give him the rest? Hes had about 3/4 of the packet so far!

I can only surmise that maybe they have a lot of sugar in. To be honest commercial treats like that aren't very good for rabbits. The best treats are a small bit of fruit (banana or apple go down well here) or bog standard weeds out of the garden (just make sure you can identify them first and check they are ok for them) like dandelion, plantain or just nice long grass freshly cut!

He has been fine. I know they aren't the best for him, but he does adore them. I'm not buying any more after this packet, but unsure to give him them now or not.

I wouldn't feed anymore as it could probably cause excess special poops (ya know the ones they eat?) Which can easily happen when feeding a young rabbit somethhing high in sugar.

:wave: I just use a bit of carrot for treats

If it was me I'd chuck them. Especially if there isn't many left anyway. But that's me.

I will bin them when I get in. I have some Boredom Breakers Naturals Carrot Biscuit things too (Green and Orange ones). Will they still be ok?

I think they are quite high in sugar and can makes buns a bit squitty, why not give fresh herbs as a treat? :) xxx

Back