• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you bath your bunny??

Would you bath your bunny???

• Deffo NOT

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Only if hes filthy,dirty,revolting and yuk.

Votes: 60 63.8%

• Total voters
I have bathed Smokey as he had to get bathed with special shampoo for his exzema, yes my rabbit had exzema :shock:, but that was vets orders, he is such a laid back bun he never bothered, & have bathed mucky bums but thats all :wave:

Bum bath yes.

Possibly whole body if they had some awful skin condition and needed a special treatment - not sure this happens in bunnies tho.

As a rule tho - no I wouldn't as its very stressful for most buns.

I had to give Clo a bum bath once when he was horrendously dirty and smelly (too much for him to clean) - boy, rabbits sure can jump high.......

I voted for the last option but I would only do it if I felt I had no other choice.

Bubbles will occasionally get a little bit of poo stuck to her bottom as she's quite fluffy underneath and if it won't pick off, I'll try to dab it with a wet facecloth (not one of mine :lol:) to see if that will loosen it.

It usually does the trick but once her bum was absolutely :mrgreen: after she'd pigged out on spring grass so I had to bathe her whole back end.

I would never bathe them just because they were a bit muddy though.

I had to give Clo a bum bath once when he was horrendously dirty and smelly (too much for him to clean) - boy, rabbits sure can jump high.......

:lol::lol::lol:

When we bathed Bubbles, she started squeaking - dh felt sorry for her, told me I was being mean and refused to carry on. :lol:

I have given Incas back legs, botty and underneath a bath a good few times just after she got EC.

She was wetting herself really badly, so had to try to help her keep clean.

Normal circumstances, no, i dont see the need

My dad had to help me bath Frisky for the last 6 months of her life. She had some kind of genetic issue (this is like 15 years or so ago!) which meant her hair fell out regularly, almost like alopechia or however its spelt.

That was the least fun ever :( She got so stressed.

ETA: no option in the poll really matches what i'd say.

I only bath my bunnys when they are dirty and i do a quick rub of water on baby as he moults very bad
I only use plain water and its an inch deep and do it quick as possible as they dont like it

When we bathed Bubbles, she started squeaking - dh felt sorry for her, told me I was being mean and refused to carry on.

One of my piggies screams when I give him a bath. It makes me :cry: but I know its for his own good as periodic baths really help prevent parasite problems in piggies, plus their grease glands (as the are boys) get really yucky.

I put poll up as Ive just seen a video on FB of a bun in the bath.He really seemed to enjoy it.
Didnt think of other options,other than those as Im having a thick day..Sorry!!:oops::lol:

I said no, but I mean in like normal circumstances because I don't see the need :)

Beau had EC when I got him, and I had to keep his back legs clean and dry for a while. He never had a bath as in I placed him in water though. I washed his legs with cloths. Mucky bums might be a different story, I have never had one with that so I am not sure

One of my piggies screams when I give him a bath. It makes me :cry: but I know its for his own good as periodic baths really help prevent parasite problems in piggies, plus their grease glands (as the are boys) get really yucky.

Awwww. :( Ikwym. I should have said that of course I felt mean that I'd made her squeak too, but it had to be done as it was everywhere. :mrgreen:

Awwww. :( Ikwym. I should have said that of course I felt mean that I'd made her squeak too, but it had to be done as it was everywhere. :mrgreen:

I have had to wash Orson before and he was screaming his head off, it was awful :( All my other rats will happily play in the shower but the one who actually needed a wash hates it :roll: :lol:

I have had to wash Orson before and he was screaming his head off, it was awful :( All my other rats will happily play in the shower but the one who actually needed a wash hates it :roll: :lol:

Isn't that just typical! Poor Orson. :(

We had to give Skye (cat) a bath once as she's got a very fluffy bum and there was poo stuck in it..... that was an experience we won't be repeating any time soon. :shock: :lol::lol:

Back