• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning Items in non-neutral area

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
E.g, Carpet, Tv stands, tables, walls, skirting boards.

White Vinegar/Water can't do all of those, what do you use?

Situation:

Biscuit has 'chinned' almost everything in our living room. So it's all 'his' i guess.

What would i do?

Give him a little vinegar implant on his chin so he goes round and vinegarises everything himself.

Oh, and incase it wasn't clear, I don't know.

ETA- the hard stuff you can wipe over with a distilled vinegar solution, but I don't know about the carpet.

I would use diluted white vinegar (50:50) for everything but the carpet.

Carpets are very difficult - you could hire a carpet cleaner to wash it.

Oh i could do with knowing this aswell for when my trio (hopefully!) come back onto Timmy and Mimis turf. They chin rub EVERYTHING :roll:
Ive found citronella oil quite good at masking smells, u cant smell a blummin thing over it!
Btw with my first 2 bonds i didnt actually de scent everything in the living area as once they were bonded there was no issue. Its prob a good idea though! X

I used 'Neutralise' on the carpet and sofa. Then cleaned walls, doors, skirting board, wooden furniture with the 50/50 vinegar water solution, then put the 50/50 vinegar/water combo in a plant water spray and sprayed the carpet, nic cube cage and run.

Not had any problems from the buns yet (touch wood) so it must have worked.

Bicarbonate of soda is supposed to be good for neutralising odours on carpet - just sprinkle all over, leave for a while and hoover up.

Bicarbonate of soda is supposed to be good for neutralising odours on carpet - just sprinkle all over, leave for a while and hoover up.

This worked for us too, but watch out for the electric shocks when you are hoovering the stuff up!! :shock::shock::shock:

This worked for us too, but watch out for the electric shocks when you are hoovering the stuff up!! :shock::shock::shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh really? I didn't know that could happen. :shock: :lol: I've only ever done it once, when ds was sick all over his bedroom carpet :mrgreen: but I don't remember any shocks - I'd best get dh to hoover it up next time just in case. :lol::lol:

I used Bicarbonate of soda last time but I couldn't get the swing right (only lasted for a 1/3 of living room). Was warned about the shock so made sure I had gloves to hand but they weren't needed.

Back