• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carlo getting bossy! maybe bonding advice not sure

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
He has really come out of his shell the last couple of weeks and he no longer dashes off first when you go towards him. He even comes downstairs of his own accord for cuddles:love:

Thing is with this, there seems to be a small pice to pay, Bobby who has always been the dominant rabbit, has been seen actually grooming Carlo:shock::shock:, AND he is giving her the odd nip and chase. Bobby seems healthy and fine, so I am not worried about him sensing that she is not well.

Just wondered is this kind of dominance battle normal after six months??

I think as his confidence changes with you, it'd be completely natural for it to change with Bobby.

I wouldn't worry about it unless Bobby isn't having any of it. :) If it ends in a fight you might have to start the bonding process again, and put them in a small neutral area so they can think about it again.

BUMP

Only thing I can say is that Jasper and Dexter seem to flip roles quite a bit. One minute she is very much in charge refusing to groom and nipping Jasper and then the next minute she is grooming him like mad and he is spraying wee at her. I think its like any relationship up and down.

Daphne and Jasmine go through the odd phase where Jas will nip, chase and hump Daphne. Last week though Daphne started humping Jasmine :shock: and they have never nipped/chased since. I've never felt the need to rebond, but I think you'll know if/when you need to. Is it constant when it happens? It normally only lasts 5-10 minutes with mine.

Cool, I think that Carlo has just decided he wants to be bun of the house, and well, Bobby is very patient, she will just hop off, or sit on his head later:lol:

I hope they work it out Shelly! It's a bit like having kids that squabble isnt it!? You never know whether to step in or what's for the best! x

I hope they work it out Shelly! It's a bit like having kids that squabble isnt it!? You never know whether to step in or what's for the best! x

I really don't think that I have much to worry about, because Carlo always goes and licks Bobby's ears once he has been mean, as if to say:"Sorry for pushing my luck missius" Of course this would be in a spanish accent:lol:

Daphne and Jasmine go through the odd phase where Jas will nip, chase and hump Daphne. Last week though Daphne started humping Jasmine :shock: and they have never nipped/chased since. I've never felt the need to rebond, but I think you'll know if/when you need to. Is it constant when it happens? It normally only lasts 5-10 minutes with mine.

No its not constant, at all they just have a few seconds episode, Usually when I am in the room giving Bobby a fuss, Carlo will push in front and nip her to warn her off, I wonder if its a bit of jealousy. I have heard them dashing around their room a lot recently, I have a feeling that they are going a little stir crazy as we are decorating, and they have had to stay in their room more than they normaly do

Back