• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New VHD Vaccination

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Anyone heard anything about it?

Was at the vets tonight and my vet said he is starting to use a new vaccination for vhd. He uses Lapinject at the moment over Cylap because of the problems Cylap causes, but said he will be using the new vaccination all the time as soon as the order comes in.

I had two bunnies vaccincated today with Lapinject, but wonder if the new vaccination has been used by anyone else's vet yet?

Interesting. My vet uses cylap, or that's what Spenser got. He had a red patch on the back of his neck, and was a bit off-colour the next day. Not completely off his food though, so I wasn't too worried (did phone the vet though, to check his symptoms were 'normal').

He said he was going to use it as soon as his order came in but I won't need this vaccination for a while yet. Can't remember the name though

Never heard anything about it but very interested. I've always gotten Lapinject for mine with no negative side effects

Never knew there was a new one. Mine will be getting Lapinject in December when they are due. I negotiated with the vets that they would order it in specially for me and I would get them all done on the same day. They were horrified when I told them the Cylap leaflet had been altered to say that 50% of rabbits would experience a reaction to it.

Anyone heard anything about it?

Was at the vets tonight and my vet said he is starting to use a new vaccination for vhd. He uses Lapinject at the moment over Cylap because of the problems Cylap causes, but said he will be using the new vaccination all the time as soon as the order comes in.

I had two bunnies vaccincated today with Lapinject, but wonder if the new vaccination has been used by anyone else's vet yet?

Is that Trinity? I only ask cos mine are due it in November. Well Smudge is due it in October but he's only just had his myxo and the others are due January so I was tentatively going to get it done in early November.

Is that Trinity? I only ask cos mine are due it in November. Well Smudge is due it in October but he's only just had his myxo and the others are due January so I was tentatively going to get it done in early November.

Yes, was Trinity. Was there yesterday. Mark said as soon as it is in he is using it, so assume your bunnies will have it in November. I have to wait ages for my next vhd vaccination so wont know much more about it until then!

And I am annoyed at you, as Mark never says he wants to come back as my bunnies!!!! :evil::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes, was Trinity. Was there yesterday. Mark said as soon as it is in he is using it, so assume your bunnies will have it in November. I have to wait ages for my next vhd vaccination so wont know much more about it until then!

And I am annoyed at you, as Mark never says he wants to come back as my bunnies!!!! :evil::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: He might do when he sees you more often :p We've seen him quite a bit for checkups recently for Nutmeg and Mischa so he's getting to know us well!

If I'm feeling up to it I might phone up later as I'm unsure as to when's best to do it. Smudge actually had his last one a year ago today but can't have it until Monday week cos he only had his myxo last Monday. And here was me thinking I had it all synchronised and organised. :roll::lol: January was ideal cos it gave me a breather between myxo and VHD to save up again!

:lol::lol::lol: He might do when he sees you more often :p We've seen him quite a bit for checkups recently for Nutmeg and Mischa so he's getting to know us well!

If I'm feeling up to it I might phone up later as I'm unsure as to when's best to do it. Smudge actually had his last one a year ago today but can't have it until Monday week cos he only had his myxo last Monday. And here was me thinking I had it all synchronised and organised. :roll::lol: January was ideal cos it gave me a breather between myxo and VHD to save up again!

I only go there for vaccinations so wont see much more of my bunnies... He did see Twinkle a lot at the start of summer, but she is all better now :D

ooo ill be interested to know about it. i might trawl google later on and see if i can find anything :) Were not due untill febuary time now, but im intrigued :D

ooo ill be interested to know about it. i might trawl google later on and see if i can find anything :) Were not due untill febuary time now, but im intrigued :D

I cant remember if I asked him the name of it and I have forgotten, or whether I didnt ask for the name anyway!! I had a lot on my mind yesterday so the appt was a bit of a blur really.

I only go there for vaccinations so wont see much more of my bunnies... He did see Twinkle a lot at the start of summer, but she is all better now :D

I'm hoping that's all we'll need now! It was all mainly to check Nutmeg's wound was healing and to check Mischa's weight wasn't going down again. They both are fine now.

Back