• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Massive Moult!

Lynn's Bunny

Mama Doe
Hi!

My rabbit, Billie, is going thru a huge moult like I have never seen! I've had to vacuum out the shed several times this week. It looks like an animal was attacked in there, crazy amount of fur. This has never happened before and he's 4 years old. I'm glad he's growing his winter coat but he's always been outside in the shed w/o heat so it's strange this year all of a sudden he is moulting like this!

Must be cause of our crazy weather this year. Anyone elses buns moulting like crazy?

My other rabbit, Jack, moulted in August but no longer is. I'm a bit worried about him because he was always an indoor rabbit up until August. I hope he has a winter coat....

Here is a pic of Bill from a couple days ago and the moulting is worse now.
moulting.jpg

LOL! I know isn't it insane!!!?
I entered the shed yesterday and was shocked because the floor was a blanket of fur and it was also all over Bill's chair and floating in the air and all over the guinea pigs blankets that had been freshly washed.

There is still fur all over the yard from Oct 2nd when the pic was taken plus more from later! lol. And it's all over my boots!

wow! our girl daisy never moulted like that but Duke does! and he is just starting to again now.... and living indoors its going to mean his favourite thing will become a regular feature.... the hoover!!! ;)

Back