• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somebunny Special had a Birthday!

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
5 years ago, to this exact day, my beautiful bunnies Sky and Moon (RIP) were brought into this world. Weirdly enough, that means that 5 years ago today I quit my teaching course.

This was them when they were little

Litter126.jpg

Litter1112SkycleaningMoonhowadorabl.jpg

Litter190BunnyKiss.jpg

Litter1365Foreverbeautiful-1.jpg

For those that don't know, they are the offspring of the best rabbit and best friend I have had and will ever had, Flash- yes, I bred and that was in the days before I knew better. Having said that, they got me through one of the most harrowing times of my life. I owe Sky, especially, my life over and over and over.

Moon unfortunately died on 15th March 2007. I carry the guilt for her death and will always carry that guilt, but it is because of her and her death that I set out to learn, and I mean REALLY learn and she was the last rabbit I ever lost to ignorance, and I intend for her to be the last. I miss her deeply everyday and hope she knows how sorry I am.

Sky is absolutely my bestest friend, and unfortunately, he knows it. He's a complete turd. He sees me as his and he probably feels very put out that I 'cheat' on him with all these other bunnies. He is absolutely, completely special, and my reason to fight.

So, today, to celebrate their birthday we (being the indoor bunnies and me) had a Banana Party. They don't get it often and its such a special treat that the world stops for banana (apart from for Wish, she won't touch the stuff).

Here is my handsome man (who looks horrific because he's moulting right now).

018.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

051-1.jpg

052.jpg

054.jpg

Here's the party comers (note, no one interacted :lol: weird definition of party, but you do what you have to do).

Angel
070.jpg

074.jpg

Star
036.jpg

040.jpg

Badger
042.jpg

046.jpg

And Wish and Autumn
029.jpg

032.jpg

Happy Birthday my beautiful bunnies.​
Binky Free Moon and the two other never known, never named littermates.
To Sky, Cheers mate, to many more years.

Happy Birthday Teddy. You should have a Banana PArty (or whatever yours like) to honour his memory and keep it alive. *squishes* I know today must have been hard though. x

Thanks for sharing those very special pictures and memories. :wave: I have to say, Spenser and I are with Wish as far as banana is concerned!

Awww Happy Birthday Bunnies! Thank you for sharing their story with us. They all are gorgeous! :love::love::love::love:

:love::love: I'm sure you've been forgiven, you've identified your wrongs, you can only learn by them, I think you're a fab mummeh...spoilt bunnehs! ;)

Moon will be looking down on you knowing how much you loved her.
She'll be binkying with joy knowing how much you've grown as a bunny mummy and seeing how many buns you have given an amazing home.

Pics are so cute :love::love::love:
Happy Birthday Sky and Moon...

Read your story about Flash on your site yesterday he sounded like a very special bun as well, I'm sure him and Moon are happy and binkying around at the bridge, Moon might be having her own banana party there :D

What a wonderful idea Sky :) :love:

Your buns (bar Wish, obviously lol) seem to have enjoyed it!

Wish just settled for snuggles from Autumn, seemed enough for her :love:

Thank you for sharing this with us, lovely :)

Happy Birthday Sky and Moon for yesterday.

Each picture, my awwwwww was getting louder and higher. :lol:

All beautiful bunnies. :love:

Back