• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Survived the vet visit

weedug

Mama Doe
With Mr Bubbles, Blossom, Max, and Fluff for their myxo jags.

They all got a health check too, and Blossom and Max were fine.

Mr Bubbles has a tooth which has a "spur", but it is tiny, and growing straight up. The vet was hoping if I could get him to eat more hay it might help wear it down.

Fluff unfortunately has slightly squint teeth :(, so she reckoned he would need dental work in the future (he's only about 6 or 7 months just now). Again, she reckoned if I could get him to keep eating loads of hay, it would possibly delay it a little. He also has an ongoing problem with his nose from an op he needed to fix his nose after he was attacked by another rabbit. Nothing too serious there, just need to keep him as dust free as possible.

Wasn't expecting the problems with the teeth though :(.

Glad you survived the trip :wave:

And it's better that you have advanced warning or potential problems - gives you time to adjust to the news (and sort out insurance before any treatment if you don't already have it ;))

Mr Bubbles must have been listening to the vet as he has been nomming his hay like mad ever since he came home :lol:.

Both have insurance now (Bubs has had his for years). Don't know if they will cover teeth though, so I was going to start putting money aside now, and got the prices from the vet today.

It is great that I have been warned. Just hope Fluff won't be too young when he starts to need them, as he will need them regularly.

Back