• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

berties "pile" is very inflammed....

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
ellen says his pile is indeed very inflammed...she was quite shocked and has given him fucithalmic gel twice a day.
No ideas how he got it and all she could say was it irritates him when he goes..:(

he got it as a type of lump after losing willow some years ago.....and it pops up every now and then.
hes had bouts of it every now and then with gi probs.....but i dont know anyone else who has a bunny who has piles or a pile:oops:

ellen says his pile is indeed very inflammed...she was quite shocked and has given him fucithalmic gel twice a day.
No ideas how he got it and all she could say was it irritates him when he goes..:(

he got it as a type of lump after losing willow some years ago.....and it pops up every now and then.
hes had bouts of it every now and then with gi probs.....but i dont know anyone else who has a bunny who has piles or a pile:oops:

Our rabbit Angel had like piles up his bottom and it was 'Papilloma Virus', they looked like a tiny bunch of grapes and were quite red and looked very sore but we were told unless they grew any bigger and became a problem to Angel they were ok.

Our rabbit Angel had like piles up his bottom and it was 'Papilloma Virus', they looked like a tiny bunch of grapes and were quite red and looked very sore but we were told unless they grew any bigger and became a problem to Angel they were ok.

BB has this too. We had it checked again by the vet when she had her last vaccs.
She said they could operate, but they generally always come back, and so long as she's comfortable to leave it alone.

thank you..im glad im not alone.......i was worried sick!!

thanks vicky:love:

berties not had his gel..ive been bad with my epileptic blackouts...last thing i need to do is end up with my finger up his bum poor old soul:shock::lol:

bertie has bouts of gi probs...stucky bum etc....

i think our vet would refuse to operate unless bertie was in severe distress....one because of his age....and especially becasue of his pasturella.

im going to put his gel on tomorrow onwards......might use a cotton swab and just lift his tail up..not put him on his back.........might be less stressful and safer!

my bunny had this and the fucithalmic worked great..shrunk it right up. i found that she would go months with no problem and then now and then it would bleed and swell right up. Never seem to bother her though.

really? thank goodness for that!!

mm i need to clean his bum...hes sat in his wee twice today...so tomorrow ive no choice..its a sponge bum bath for him and then the gel.......i wont put it on until ive got him clean n dry and got the loose fur off then gel..or ill have merlin cleaning his bum!:shock::oops:

Back